Does ICH remain in your tank?

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is it reef safe?
Yea I used it in my reef tank with corals, fish and snails. No changes to my parameters occurred and zero visible effects on any livestock other than the disease totally clearing off my clownfish. No effects on filtration or bio filtration detectable.

My clowns were very close to death, not eating and covered in some kind of fungal infections so the chances of them ‘magically’ recovering by coincidence two days after adding the Reef Revolution Parasite Remover seems unlikely to me. The infection did show up again mildly on day five but gone the next day never to be seen again so far. Honestly it seems unbelievable and had very low expectations but now I have two beautiful spawning clowns so I’ll recommend the product to anyone with diseases in their reef tank.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ich will almost certainly be in your tank unless you go fallow for 76+ days, quarantine and treat every fish that ever goes in the display in a separate system. Same goes for any corals or inverts, they need to be quarantined as well, in separate systems.

^^^This is not how I run my tank, nor would have the space/time/money to set up systems, or even store them if they were small enough to be broken down in between uses.

Since the system you have and fish pretty much can be guaranteed to have ich, you should focus on ich management over ich eradication. Nutritious food, live food if possible, many different sources of food to help promote healthy immune systems in your fish.

One of the things I do whenever adding new fish to my system, is set up a DIATOM FILTER. It can help filter out the free swimming ich. It's not a guarantee to solve your problem, but can help reduce the ich population in the tank to where your fish can fight off the parasite.

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what if the sensitive fish comes from an already established tank, will it still need to quarintine?

The only time ick did not show up in my tank after adding a tang was when I bought a yellow tang from a fish store that was closing down. This tang had lived in one of their frag tanks for several years. I kept it until I broke down my 120.

Toygar Niron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

There are three stages for ICH, and drugs only work in one of these stages. In another of these stages, the ICH traps itself in a mucosa and can live within it for several months. In addition, pipes can stick to surfaces such as sand and rocks, waiting for the right moment here.

Thank you

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back