DOS Pumps showing TBL?

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up two new DOS pumps and when put in Auto they go to TBL which I'm guessing is trouble? Not sure whats up but they don't seem to be dosing as per the schedule I set them up on?

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set up two new DOS pumps and when put in Auto they go to TBL which I'm guessing is trouble? Not sure whats up but they don't seem to be dosing as per the schedule I set them up on?

This indicates Neptune DoS is currently in the dosing time period based on the table ("TBL") you generated using the wizard (e.g., Figure 2). It is normal. As you can see in the third column of Figure 1, "TWO" is shown as "TBL," because you can see that the time is currently shown as 2:09 am, and the dosing pump "TWO" is configured to dose within 2 and 4 am, among other times. However, "ONE" and "THREE" show as "OFF," because they are manually switched off. Out of idle curiosity you may have, "TWO" is AquaForest Component 2+ (primarily alk) and "ONE" and "TWO" are Component 1+ and 3+, respectively, which include Ca, Mg, and Balling salts--which are sufficient for now.

"AUTO_TOP_OFF" is also a DoS pump as well, and that shows up as "OFF," even though it is set to "AUTO," because the Neptune ATK (ATO) first sensor, "ATK_LOW" has been triggered ("CLOSED"), so it is not dosing top off water to the sump.

Sometimes the switches and sensors take a few seconds to correct, so it does happen that the switch is supposed "ON," because the water level sensor shows "CLOSED," but verifying in person helps ascertain that the state of the DoS is in fact "OFF."

upload_2018-5-20_2-9-54.png

Figure 1

upload_2018-5-20_2-10-51.png

Figure 2

upload_2018-5-20_2-15-18.png

Figure 3

upload_2018-5-20_2-7-34.png

Figure 4

Last edited:

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They won't start dosing immediately necessarily, depending on how you have DoS setup. Here is the dosing summary. This indicates that your dosing will occur every 19 minutes (5th row item). This is important because it's 2:25 am for me, and even though I'm within the 2 - 4 am dosing time period, I know if I wait 19 minutes, the pump ought to have come on at some point during those 19 minutes of waiting.

upload_2018-5-20_2-22-43.png

The other thing you can do is look at the log. For that, you'll want to make sure logging is enabled. Do that by clicking the gear button (fourth button from right on the top right under your user name, if your UI looks like mine):

upload_2018-5-20_2-26-8.png

Finally go to the log by clicking "apex" menu (upper left), and going to DoS log, like in screenshot as follows:

upload_2018-5-20_2-27-10.png

Make sure you click the fast forward button to get to the last page, since Neptune arranges the time stamps in ascending order. In my case, I have only one page of DoS logs. You can now verify that the first dose time for DoS pump "TWO" was nearly spot on to the time I demanded (2 am versus 9 seconds past 2 am). I also said 19 minutes later should have been the second dose, and on line 17 you can confirm that at 2:19 am, there was indeed another dose.

However, if I just set this up at 2:31 am, and had DoS dose at the 2 - 4 am schedule, then it will not dose at 2:31 am. Instead, it will dose 2 am, 2:19 am, 2:38 am .. &c .. so I would have to wait 7 minutes to see the dosing.

If you post similar logs and screen shots, the community can take a look.

OP
OP
Paul Thomas

Paul Thomas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you this was extremely helpful. It looks as though it is working perfectly. I was just concerned to see all four pumps go immediately to TBL. Just didn't realize that was what I wanted to happen. Confirmed via logs that the pumps are dosing right on the schedule. Thank you for such a detailed response.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back