Dose Alk Day or night?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevem650
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stevem650

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2015
Messages
226
Reaction score
56
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was dosing alk at night midnight to 9am, only to find late eve my Alk was low. Total Alk I am dosing is 115ml a day. Is it better to dose the 115ml at night or should I dose over a 24 hr period? My thinking now is maybe better to dose 24hr to keep Alk stable. Which way is right? Thanks
 
At night when all the light are off the tank pH drops. Because of this reason if you are going to dose mall over 12 hrs I would dose at night. However I use saturated kalk for top off and dose it continuously for 24 hrs by dosing pump.
It really does not mater all that much IMO
 
I was dosing alk at night midnight to 9am, only to find late eve my Alk was low. Total Alk I am dosing is 115ml a day. Is it better to dose the 115ml at night or should I dose over a 24 hr period? My thinking now is maybe better to dose 24hr to keep Alk stable. Which way is right? Thanks

Dose as many times as possible over a 24 hour period. Stability = King. That's why Calcium Reactors are the best, it's constant dosing non stop.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new