Dosing Containers: Do you have a favorite?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have lived in a world of DIY dosing containers and just got an AquaMaxx DC-2 dosing container and I am impressed! The specs list the container with the capacity of 3 liters, a height of 19.75", the chamber diameter of 4", and the footprint at 5" x 6" (personal observation: this is probably more like 5" x 5.5" if you rotate it to orient the valve toward a corner). AquaMaxx also has a 1.5 liter option (DC-1) that is the same footprint and chamber diameter, but is only 10.25" tall which should work well for smaller volumes or shorter spaces. I especially like the tall, thin layout of the DC-2 and I also like the etched graduated scale on the side of the container and how the liquid is drawn from the bottom so the liquid can be completely dispensed.

I'm curious what dosing container options that I may be missing and what other ones are worth considering. Do you have a favorite dosing container? Why do you like it? Thanks for sharing!

Tankkeepers

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yes I do, I saw someone here use whiskey bottles and I thought what a great idea. My All for Reef in a Kraken rum bottle

20220506_173338.jpg

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lived in a world of DIY dosing containers and just got an AquaMaxx DC-2 dosing container and I am impressed! The specs list the container with the capacity of 3 liters, a height of 19.75", the chamber diameter of 4", and the footprint at 5" x 6" (personal observation: this is probably more like 5" x 5.5" if you rotate it to orient the valve toward a corner). AquaMaxx also has a 1.5 liter option (DC-1) that is the same footprint and chamber diameter, but is only 10.25" tall which should work well for smaller volumes or shorter spaces. I especially like the tall, thin layout of the DC-2 and I also like the etched graduated scale on the side of the container and how the liquid is drawn from the bottom so the liquid can be completely dispensed.

I'm curious what dosing container options that I may be missing and what other ones are worth considering. Do you have a favorite dosing container? Why do you like it? Thanks for sharing!
I use a vodka bottle for carbon dosing even though it's just full of vinegar these days.

OP
OP
Peace River

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I use the simplicity three compartment dosing container But I do not like the nipple they use for the hose so I drill them and use the bulkhead for quarter inch acrylic tube

Great tip! Simplicity is one that I have also looked at for a while, but never got around to placing the order.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tip! Simplicity is one that I have also looked at for a while, but never got around to placing the order.
Also for the extra 30$ish simplicity offers the 3 float switch’s for the containers well worth it especially if you have apex and break out box to hook to.

Privateye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 3 of the 1L ones like this, but it's been years so maybe not this seller.

Same idea as the glass ones. Drill a hole in the top for a piece of rigid tubing and a smaller hole for an air vent.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my Neptune DDR.
I also have these but can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to fix the corrosion from the board from the alk solution rotting it out. The simplicity design way better from sensor stand point. Neptune should not have put that board there And just ran the wires straight out put resistor in middle of cable or something

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have these but can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to fix the corrosion from the board from the alk solution rotting it out. The simplicity design way better from sensor stand point. Neptune should not have put that board there And just ran the wires straight out put resistor in middle of cable or something
Where's the board?

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol yes I do, I saw someone here use whiskey bottles and I thought what a great idea. My All for Reef in a Kraken rum bottle
Thanks for the reminder. I need to get another dosing container.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back