Dosing Food?

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to start by thanking everyone on this forum for the help found in these posts. There's so much information that a quick search yields SO MUCH HELP!

I have a question about dosing foods, specifically. Most of the products mentioned here that fix internal parasites (white stringy poop) are dosed in the water, but there's often mention of mixing it with food directly.

I was wondering if anyone had a guide or advice for mixing medicated foods specifically. One of my new clowns is showing signs of parasites, but he's still eating. I'd like to get him medicated ASAP.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to start by thanking everyone on this forum for the help found in these posts. There's so much information that a quick search yields SO MUCH HELP!

I have a question about dosing foods, specifically. Most of the products mentioned here that fix internal parasites (white stringy poop) are dosed in the water, but there's often mention of mixing it with food directly.

I was wondering if anyone had a guide or advice for mixing medicated foods specifically. One of my new clowns is showing signs of parasites, but he's still eating. I'd like to get him medicated ASAP.
I'm glad the forum has been helpful! That's our goal!

Here's what I do:

Take 1 tablespoon of your prepared food and add 1scoop of Metroplex or General Cure + 1scoop of focus. I add a little selcon to help soak the meds in and a touch of garlic to help hide the med taste.

OP
OP
00Barracuda00

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!

In your experience, is the medication successful without the focus/selcon? My order of GC will be arriving first, the additives a day later. Do you think it would be better to wait for everything, or start immediately?

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much!

In your experience, is the medication successful without the focus/selcon? My order of GC will be arriving first, the additives a day later. Do you think it would be better to wait for everything, or start immediately?

I have never used it without focus. It helps bind the meds to the food. If you are using in a QT it's probably ok to go ahead and add it without focus. In a Reef I would not recommend using without the binder.

The selcon just kind of helps make the food (thawed and strained) a bit more of a slurry. Easier to mix in. You could get the same effect with a few drops of RO water.

I do recommend in general adding supplements like selcon, Vita chem, zoecon etc to food on a regular basis for a healthy diet.

I use all 3 and rotate using only one of them each batch if food I make.

OP
OP
00Barracuda00

00Barracuda00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whole DT is serving as QT at the moment. Only things in there now are the clowns. I plan on starting everything as soon as the meds get in.

THANKS AGAIN!

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i JUST had the same problem, check on my build and you can see my documented success on treatment. clowns are tough, mine got to a point of not even eating. i ended up dosing General Cure directly in tank, and that got him to start eating again. he is now completely recovered.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gopr0067-jpg.965420

you can see the white stringy poop here, i didnt even see it at the time.

Back