Dosing phosphat

dave57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For quite some time people have been running ULNS without corals having pale colors. Whether it’s from a heavily stocked tank where nutrients are balanced but aren’t detectable by test kits. Or people who have ULNS with nutrients levels that are truly zero and struggle to keep sps alive and colored. Anyone here have any input on phosphate dosing whether it’s from flourish phosphorous, neophos or any other phosphate additive and it’s correlation with sps coloration and growth. I have couple buddies of mine including some LFS that run high phosphate levels 0.2-0.3 with amazing sps colors, growth and lacking any visible algae problems. If you happen to have experiences with high phosphates or dosing phosphates, please shed some light on this topic as it boggles my mind as the common phosphate levels we strive for are way lower than the numbers mentioned above.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just feed the tank frozen twice a day to keep or to raise my nutrients. If you would like them higher feed flake or pellets once a day;)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 55 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back