Dosing Question for Triton-Core7

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to start using Triton Core 7 and my suggested start is 30ML for each (about 415 gallons total water)
I wanted to get Apex DOS but.. I also don't want to spend $600.... since I would need 2...

30ML is pretty easy for me to just pour it into the sump where the return pumps are.
Just curious if I can... simply add 2 tablespoon of each supplements directly to the sump daily...

or if I would need to use like... the drop method when I acclimate my livestocks?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge peeps!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to have even a small amount of hard corals - you will need a dosing pump for this. I have a 80 gallons system and I dose 50 ml of each per day. In your system it correspond to over 250 ml/a day. There is a lot of other dosing pumps beside Apex DOS on the market that can manage this task to a cheaper price. With Core 7 - you can run it with 3 pumps - you can put 3a+b in the same container ans same pump (but dosing the double amount) In your start case - Core 7:1 pump 1 - 30 ml/day; Core 7:2 - pump 2 - 30 ml/day; Core 7 3a+b pump 3 60 ml/day.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to have even a small amount of hard corals - you will need a dosing pump for this. I have a 80 gallons system and I dose 50 ml of each per day. In your system it correspond to over 250 ml/a day. There is a lot of other dosing pumps beside Apex DOS on the market that can manage this task to a cheaper price. With Core 7 - you can run it with 3 pumps - you can put 3a+b in the same container ans same pump (but dosing the double amount) In your start case - Core 7:1 pump 1 - 30 ml/day; Core 7:2 - pump 2 - 30 ml/day; Core 7 3a+b pump 3 60 ml/day.

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse,

thank you very much for your detailed knowledgeable response! I don’t have any hard corals yet but want to really fill up my tank because it’s very... plain haha.
I wanted to make sure I get the chemistry correctly before adding more :).
I saw a 4 doser called Jaebo on Amazon but scared that it might overdose... haha

happy Friday! And hope you have a great weekend :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO - if you do not have any hard corals - just check your KH once a week - if it drops below 7 - just add some Core 7 and read the KH the next day. Add in a fast flowing part in your sump and 2-5 minutes between 7:1, 7:2 and 7:3 a+b. Do the same when you start to populate - but sooner or later - you need a dosing equipment. I have not tested the normal Jebao but in your case with a huge amount of water - the change caused by overdosing will be easy recognized. (if it happens) But there is other dosing pumps that can be used as stand alones and when you need to dose more things - it easy to have these stand alones to manage more pumps.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
Sharebear

Sharebear

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO - if you do not have any hard corals - just check your KH once a week - if it drops below 7 - just add some Core 7 and read the KH the next day. Add in a fast flowing part in your sump and 2-5 minutes between 7:1, 7:2 and 7:3 a+b. Do the same when you start to populate - but sooner or later - you need a dosing equipment. I have not tested the normal Jebao but in your case with a huge amount of water - the change caused by overdosing will be easy recognized. (if it happens) But there is other dosing pumps that can be used as stand alones and when you need to dose more things - it easy to have these stand alones to manage more pumps.

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you for your input Lasse! Ended up getting 2 DOS.... finally mounted them and will start the triton method! :)

Back