Dosing vodka? Please share your tank

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 1, 2015
Messages
2,269
Reaction score
1,034
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about starting to vodka dose but I'm concerned if it can cause more harm then good. Please post pics and info of your vodka dosed tanks.

Please post size of tank and how much vodka you dose. Thanks
 
This is my current FTS as of today. Not seeing as much growth as I would like and cyano is taking over

IMG_20160605_140237.jpg
 
I have a 65g. I dose about 4ml per day. You want to ramp up slowly though. If you start getting 0 on both, back off a bit. You want a little nitrate and phosphate.

Currently my nitrates are around 2 and phosphates 0.07 as of last test.
ae1ad107329dba0f5e61fb792fab55fd.jpg
 
This is my current FTS as of today. Not seeing as much growth as I would like and cyano is taking over

IMG_20160605_140237.jpg
What are your parameters?

If your seeing cyano, you maybe nitrate deficient, being excess po4.

Carbon mighy not be the right method.
 
What are your parameters?

If your seeing cyano, you maybe nitrate deficient, being excess po4.

Carbon mighy not be the right method.

I am certainly not nitrate deficient . At least 20 ppm
 
Bump!
 
Yes please! I really want to do something about my nitrates but want to see some success first
 
I have a 65g. I dose about 4ml per day. You want to ramp up slowly though. If you start getting 0 on both, back off a bit. You want a little nitrate and phosphate.

Currently my nitrates are around 2 and phosphates 0.07 as of last test.
ae1ad107329dba0f5e61fb792fab55fd.jpg

Does carbon dosing effect your sponges at all?
 
My IM Fusion 20. I dose 1 ml of NoPox per day, 2.5 ml of MB7 weekly (following water changes)
N03 sitting at 2. I have killer growth/coloration with my current program :D



No adverse effects with my carbon dosing regime.


How long has this been running
 
What do you mean by dosing vodka? You mean the liquor? What does it do got your reef? I'm new to this any help helps. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new