Dosing vodka? Please share your tank

I'm running a single XR30 G3 Pro on SPS AB+ with an MP10wQD and couldn't be happier. Not sure which program your running but your lighting/flow seem adequate.
 
I'm running a single XR30 G3 Pro on SPS AB+ with an MP10wQD and couldn't be happier. Not sure which program your running but your lighting/flow seem adequate.

How long have you had those SPS ? Maybe I'm just hoping for more then what's possible?
 
I've been dosing DIY NOPOX for about 2 months. It brought my nitrates down from 40 to 3. I had been dosing vinegar before that for about 5 months. The NOPOX worked much faster for me.

Here's the obligatory FTS as of about 5 minutes ago..

00aaa0b697ad1fad50c5148576ae3da3.jpg
 
probidio- carbon / bacteria along with mb7.

Occasionally i do have to dose no3 to boost it up if i strip it to much.

Po4=.02 ppm
No3= 3-4 ppm


I only useOnly half recommended, as I have very low fish load at moment.

Have been catbon / bacteria dosing on my last tank, this temporary tank and will do on next.

Temporary frag tank pic:
1465253208280.jpg
 
probidio- carbon / bacteria along with mb7.

Occasionally i do have to dose no3 to boost it up if i strip it to much.

Po4=.02 ppm
No3= 3-4 ppm


I only useOnly half recommended, as I have very low fish load at moment.

Have been catbon / bacteria dosing on my last tank, this temporary tank and will do on next.

Temporary frag tank pic:
1465253208280.jpg
I think your tank had too much vodka...it's upside down!
 
I went to war against nitrates some plastic bits in a purple bottle, Algon and vodka. I'm Winning! I think at the moment. Nitrates thru the roof water changes did nothing. I chalk it up to the vodka but could be a combo. I do 3mil or so (few drops out the cap) once, twice a day. 90gal
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1465261487.515861.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new