Double check on feeding schedule

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I have a picasso trigger and a small snowflake eel I just want to double check on the feeding schedule I have to make sure it's ok I've never had this type before and have done lots of research for them but always like to check again especially when you see 5 different things on 5 different sites the eel gets fed 2 small portions instead of 1 large portion once in the morning and once at night (until he gets larger then down to once a day then every other day) going between krill and squid strips and silversides while the trigger gets 2 large meals a day same times I have krill clams on a half shell silversides and a mixed predator medley for him to alternate (looking for frozen shrimp and scallops that don't contain preservatives to add to both their diets) to keep the triggers beak trimmed he will have the clams every other day at night any errors or suggestions that anyone sees

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I usually feed my fish like triggers once a day, if they are under 2" maybe twice a day for a little while until they are nice and plump. Eels are another story, it's pretty simple, rather than to try and sort through all the opions of the hobbyist, just research how they eat in the wild. They feed in a gorge/fast routine, small frequent feedings are not good for eels. Small eels do require more frequent feedings, but never more than every other day. And feed their full, they will let you know when they have had enough. As they mature you will adjust the frequency.

OP
OP
Samanthabea

Samanthabea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense like I said I've just been sifting through research of tank care ways my trigger is still small as well as the eel I was going by ways to keep aggression down and prevent actual hunting of the hermits and cirith snail and keeping juvenile needs met my eel also will only eat a strip at a time of squid or 1 krill but wants to feed again that night and the store said they fed him daily I think I'll just cut the morning feeding then and maybe he will eat more at once

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back