Dragons Soul Torch help

Semper.Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 14, 2019
Messages
467
Reaction score
268
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got this dragon soul torch 5 days ago. I’ve kept it in the same spot on the sand bed getting light to medium flow and lower light. It only really opens up partially and it’s tentacles are slightly transparent. Do I need to put it in more light or flow? Should I try to feed it some reef roids? The other torch it came with is doing really well.

4E307BDA-258D-4E21-815E-A3A99DBC2B2B.jpeg image.jpg
 
I would absolutely leave it there. You dont know where it's been. It could have had 50par its whole life. You want to slowly acclimate it to more light. Dont do anything for a week. It's not hungry. Most people dont feed anything to corals aside from fish poop naturally. It's probably shaken up from shipping.
 
I would absolutely leave it there. You dont know where it's been. It could have had 50par its whole life. You want to slowly acclimate it to more light. Dont do anything for a week. It's not hungry. Most people dont feed anything to corals aside from fish poop naturally. It's probably shaken up from shipping.
Sounds good. I didn’t plan on moving it quite yet. Maybe I’ll reach out to the seller and see what kind of light it was under
 
It took mine 3 days to start extending but it’s doing great now. Just don’t move it or change things to much. As long as the tentacles are partly out and not just dangling you should be alright. Did you do any dips when you got it in case of flatworms etc, if it’s not looking better within a week I’d try to dip it if you haven’t already.
 
It took mine 3 days to start extending but it’s doing great now. Just don’t move it or change things to much. As long as the tentacles are partly out and not just dangling you should be alright. Did you do any dips when you got it in case of flatworms etc, if it’s not looking better within a week I’d try to dip it if you haven’t already.
After an hour of acclimating I did a dip in some RX then a quick dip in fresh RO then in the tank it went. I’m really hoping it fully extends soon. Only worried because this is the first time I’ve spent a pretty penny on some coral lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new