Dragons Soul Torch help

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just got this dragon soul torch 5 days ago. I’ve kept it in the same spot on the sand bed getting light to medium flow and lower light. It only really opens up partially and it’s tentacles are slightly transparent. Do I need to put it in more light or flow? Should I try to feed it some reef roids? The other torch it came with is doing really well.

4E307BDA-258D-4E21-815E-A3A99DBC2B2B.jpeg image.jpg

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would absolutely leave it there. You dont know where it's been. It could have had 50par its whole life. You want to slowly acclimate it to more light. Dont do anything for a week. It's not hungry. Most people dont feed anything to corals aside from fish poop naturally. It's probably shaken up from shipping.

OP
OP
Semper.Reefing

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I would absolutely leave it there. You dont know where it's been. It could have had 50par its whole life. You want to slowly acclimate it to more light. Dont do anything for a week. It's not hungry. Most people dont feed anything to corals aside from fish poop naturally. It's probably shaken up from shipping.
Sounds good. I didn’t plan on moving it quite yet. Maybe I’ll reach out to the seller and see what kind of light it was under

jerrod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took mine 3 days to start extending but it’s doing great now. Just don’t move it or change things to much. As long as the tentacles are partly out and not just dangling you should be alright. Did you do any dips when you got it in case of flatworms etc, if it’s not looking better within a week I’d try to dip it if you haven’t already.

OP
OP
Semper.Reefing

Semper.Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It took mine 3 days to start extending but it’s doing great now. Just don’t move it or change things to much. As long as the tentacles are partly out and not just dangling you should be alright. Did you do any dips when you got it in case of flatworms etc, if it’s not looking better within a week I’d try to dip it if you haven’t already.
After an hour of acclimating I did a dip in some RX then a quick dip in fresh RO then in the tank it went. I’m really hoping it fully extends soon. Only worried because this is the first time I’ve spent a pretty penny on some coral lol

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back