Drain to sump plumb help

Beasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I have a 150 Gallon display tank with 55 gallon under sump stand. Only have a single 1" drain and single 3/4 return hole in a corner overflow. The triton kit I bought has 2 holes for water pipe should I. T off of the 1" to accommodate the 2 holes or just leave it one run "aside from manifold". Also Trying to decide on bulkhead spacing for skimmer heaters ect. Skimmer brand size r/p size and brand suggestion welcome want to have my equipment decision

15784445866459007736229854338718.jpg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I would use both as drains. Google herbie overflow.
Then do a over the top plumbed return line.

OP
OP
Beasy

Beasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My drains are in the bottom of the tank does that matter? Also I thought I read non equal drain size cause excess notice being I have a 1" and 3/4" think that will effect

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My drains are in the bottom of the tank does that matter? Also I thought I read non equal drain size cause excess notice being I have a 1" and 3/4" think that will effect
Should be no issue at all since one of the drains would only be a emergency drain.
Location is perfect.

OP
OP
Beasy

Beasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all about redundancy and would love to have an emergency drain but is it necessary with a why valve on the pump I really don't know Which way to go I drilled the extra 3/4 hole to keep everything in tank "largest that would fit" I'm almost considering adding another corner overflow and drilling more holes I really don't want to but I want this tank close to the wall as possible Is the 1st thing you see you when you walk to the door.

Sharkbait40

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having two drains would also allow you to run more water volume through the sump if you wanted to.

OP
OP
Beasy

Beasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering that but does a refguim with Cato.. Algae support the added sump flow.
really comes down to the details at the end lol
Just thought i had everything figured out when I bought it off craigslist

OP
OP
Beasy

Beasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering that but does a refguim with Cato.. Algae support the added sump flow.
really comes down to the details at the end lol
Just thought i had everything figured out when I bought it off craigslist

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm all about redundancy and would love to have an emergency drain but is it necessary with a why valve on the pump I really don't know Which way to go I drilled the extra 3/4 hole to keep everything in tank "largest that would fit" I'm almost considering adding another corner overflow and drilling more holes I really don't want to but I want this tank close to the wall as possible Is the 1st thing you see you when you walk to the door.
Read up on the herbie drain system.
It's just a suggestion.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 78.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back