OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interior walls typically do not have insulation so easier to fish wire so use that to your advantage. If you have baseboard, sometimes removing and drilling holes in studs is easier than patching drywall. Unless your electrician or handyman is an expert drywall patches always can be seen. The texture and sheen of the patch and paint are almost always different, never mind whether it’s actually feather out properly. Painting a patch job after the fact also is a headache because paint never matches.

I say plan it all out before you paint. Everyone’s has different expectations when it comes to how a finished wall should look. If you aren’t picky hack away and paint later. If you’re picky .... pause.
My wife is picky when it comes to the paint which is what made me think of the whole deal to begin with.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife is picky when it comes to the paint which is what made me think of the whole deal to begin with.
Any patch can be made to look like it was never touched. Just paint the whole wall to the corners. If you have texturized walls (orange peel etc. ) you can buy texture in a can at Home Depot. Do a good job and maybe your wife will do something nice for you.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not offended, im an electrician...
That gives you even more reason to be offended. I’m a custom homebuilder or I was a custom homebuilder. I can’t even tell you how many mistakes I had to correct after the electricians had left. Trying to get electricians to return to fix mistakes after they’ve been paid is like trying to draw blood from a rock.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That gives you even more reason to be offended. I’m a custom homebuilder or I was a custom homebuilder. I can’t even tell you how many mistakes I had to correct after the electricians had left. Trying to get electricians to return to fix mistakes after they’ve been paid is like trying to draw blood from a rock.
I guess I'll pretend that is close to making sense, there's sub par workers in all fields, even "custom home builders" which are just regular home builders that want to feel special.....

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'll pretend that is close to making sense, there's sub par workers in all fields, even "custom home builders" which are just regular home builders that want to feel special.....
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but a custom home builder is different from a regular homebuilder because a custom home builder builds unique homes that were designed to the owners specifications by an architect. That’s different than building a bunch of duplexes or townhouses that look exactly alike. Btw. I designed my houses to conform to, and take advantage of each individual lot’s characteristics, and then brought the plans to an architect for certification and to pull the permits.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right
Any patch can be made to look like it was never touched. Just paint the whole wall to the corners. If you have texturized walls (orange peel etc. ) you can buy texture in a can at Home Depot. Do a good job and maybe your wife will do something nice for you.
Right, I’m about to have the whole wall painted so I may look at it closer this evening to see where the attic space ends and the wall too plate begins. Then have it painted.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right

Right, I’m about to have the whole wall painted so I may look at it closer this evening to see where the attic space ends and the wall too plate begins. Then have it painted.
Sorry. I thought you were being facetious. Obviously if you’re going to have the wall painted anyway you should wait until after all the patching is done.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but a custom home builder is different from a regular homebuilder because a custom home builder builds unique homes that were designed to the owners specifications by an architect. That’s different than building a bunch of duplexes or townhouses that look exactly alike. Btw. I designed my houses to conform to, and take advantage of each individual lot’s characteristics, and then brought the plans to an architect for certification and to pull the permits.
I know, I get it i was offended...lol this time

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know, I get it i was offended...lol this time
Three-story home I designed using my 3-D Home Architect program. You can see the home at 89 Jarvis Ave. 10312 Staten Island New York. Google it. This home was designed to conform to a triangular lot in an exclusive area of Staten Island. I lived in the home for two years. You’ll find my name at the beginning of the chain of ownership. Have a nice life

CFCA20D1-7E4C-4650-9C5C-D5FB96EB0EA4.jpeg DE90D539-044A-4AC9-B2A2-CC6C4E024A40.jpeg 3F3688B1-D2BF-4C98-8C26-BE9B43C0A6F9.jpeg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three-story home I designed using my 3-D Home Architect program. You can see the home at 89 Jarvis Ave. 10312 Staten Island New York. Google it. This home was designed to conform to a triangular lot in an exclusive area of Staten Island. I lived in the home for two years. You’ll find my name at the beginning of the change of ownership. Have a nice life

CFCA20D1-7E4C-4650-9C5C-D5FB96EB0EA4.jpeg DE90D539-044A-4AC9-B2A2-CC6C4E024A40.jpeg 3F3688B1-D2BF-4C98-8C26-BE9B43C0A6F9.jpeg
Buddy I was joking, but thats a very nice lay out, I dont even know how to work a program like that or build a custom house, thanks for the friendly gesture, you have a nice life as well sir!

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you use flat finish paint touch up will not show. It’s when you use anything with any type of gloss to it the gloss layers build up and don’t blend in!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a quick look in the attic last night. I don’t think it’s going to be as big an ordeal as I had envisioned. Hopefully. I may even be able to drop a line in the same room above my fireplace for my tv while I’m at it. Would make my wife happier!

BaghdadBean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a quick look in the attic last night. I don’t think it’s going to be as big an ordeal as I had envisioned. Hopefully. I may even be able to drop a line in the same room above my fireplace for my tv while I’m at it. Would make my wife happier!
We had them add a few circuits to our place with a similar described layout, at the same time as upgrading the main panel and meter, and they had our place finished in just two days. That’s including trenching 490 ft to install conduit and wire out to a new well. The in the house part only took a few hours, and there was minimal mess to vacuum up after they left. If we’d tried to do it ourselves, half the wire would still be lost somewhere in the freakin walls. :D They only put one hole in our walls that I could find: the one for the new outlets.

Big Smelly fish

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they did mine they dropped it in and the only hole in the wall was where there put the wall plugs. A good electrician can locate exactly where they need it to be

Stephensx04

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other thing is is the house run with conduit or romex? If conduit than shouldnt be too bad. Can add circuit and run wires through existing runs to get to location needed.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other thing is is the house run with conduit or romex? If conduit than shouldnt be too bad. Can add circuit and run wires through existing runs to get to location needed.
I’ve never seen conduit ran in a house, normally its ran up and down the walls and through holes drilled in the studs. Honestly I just ran a 240 socket in my garage for a forced air heater, the hardest part was drilling through the top plate above the circuit breaker box.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never seen conduit ran in a house, normally its ran up and down the walls and through holes drilled in the studs. Honestly I just ran a 240 socket in my garage for a forced air heater, the hardest part was drilling through the top plate above the circuit breaker box.

EMT used to be required by code in the Chicago area. I do not know if that has ever changed with recent code cycles.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 45 32.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back