OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always promised my wife I will make her a working out area.
The spot where the old tank sat was a perfect place for it. Its crazy how much damage saltwater does, I had to repaint the wall, trim also found water under the water storage containers.
Lucky the floor wasn’t damaged.

Before and after:

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally had time to organize most of the wires. For a clean look I decided to keep as much of the wires and cables in the ceiling.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Installed UV, I got a little creative and decided to feed the refugium and make water changes easier for the quarantine tank.

The rest of discharge water is connected directly to drain for the return pump and is being pumped to the DT upstairs.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a little remainder to everyone how important is to quarantine your new fish.

Purchased this little guy few weeks back from LFS together with a male leopard wrasse.

They were both doing great and all the sudden Tang started to show some kind of infection. At first we thought he has injury possibly from running into something after being spooked.

Unfortunately after few days he started to look worse.

Thanks to advice from great people on this forum #reefsquad @Jay Hemdal @Qasimja I started the treatment combining furan-2 plus kanaplex and metroplex

He was still eating well so I had hope. Wrasse didn't show any symptoms.

Few days later:

Unfortunately He didn't make it.
In 12 years of reefing I never had a fish that was sick like that during quarantine. Yes I had some die but never got sick :(. It was realy sad to see your fish slowly dying and getting worse day after day.
I'm really sorry to hear that.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the quality of the stand from PA? I will be setting up a new system soon and am strongly considering PA. Initially i was thinking of going waterbox, but the stands from PA look like they're better quality.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how do you like the quality of the stand from PA? I will be setting up a new system soon and am strongly considering PA. Initially i was thinking of going waterbox, but the stands from PA look like they're better quality.
Its ok, I dont love it but I dont hate it either. When I ordered the stand (standard size) I was told it will be 30 in high but when arrived it was 32, might not be a big deal but it makes a difference when you sitting on the recliner on front of it. Also there is a blemish from the paint on one of the doors.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been over a year since the upgrade, this is how the tank looks now, off course I recorded the video before cleaning the tank.
Was dealing with some crazy algae outbreak, dinos, hair and some other ones, new UV sterilizer saved my insanity, finally starting winning the battle.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It has been over a year since the upgrade, this is how the tank looks now, off course I recorded the video before cleaning the tank.
Was dealing with some crazy algae outbreak, dinos, hair and some other ones, new UV sterilizer saved my insanity, finally starting to winning the battle.

Nice tank!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I always promised my wife I will make her a working out area.
The spot where the old tank sat was a perfect place for it. Its crazy how much damage saltwater does, I had to repaint the wall, trim also found water under the water storage containers.
Lucky the floor wasn’t damaged.

Before and after:

You're absolutely right. Tanks create damage. (No offense to those who have 500 gallon tanks) - there is the cost of all the stuff - then there is the cost of when you try to sell your house - and the people say - ummmm... we don't want an in-wall aquarium. I begged my wife to do it - the answer was 'no'. so all good. Its kind of like owning a pool (we do) - its a negative, not a positive.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old UV broke so purchased this beast. I have to admit size does matter!

Little messy but this is a current view of the fish room

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your trouble with PA. I had issues as well. Very poor quality control. For a tank this expensive the quality just isn't there. If I was to do it all over again I would just go with waterbox. PA even made the stand too large for the tank and had to rebuild it. The quality of the stand and seam work is sub par for a piece this pricey.

OP
OP
drukkosz

drukkosz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your trouble with PA. I had issues as well. Very poor quality control. For a tank this expensive the quality just isn't there. If I was to do it all over again I would just go with waterbox. PA even made the stand too large for the tank and had to rebuild it. The quality of the stand and seam work is sub par for a piece this pricey.
Water box was my second option as well. I would never recommend PA to anybody. No wonder they change names every few years.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back