Dual refugium???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

newbreefer316

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a roughly a 280g system and was kicking around the idea of doing a dual refugium. I've only got room for about 20g in the first chamber of my sump but I've got a rimless 30g just sitting around that I could put to good use.

The idea would be to run cheato w/ a h380 in the first compartment of the sump and then use the 30g as a mangrove and "display" refugium with all the mixed species of algaes under a 6500k light source. The 30g would be plumbed off the pump running my reactor manifold and would drain back down into the main drain section in the sump.

Would something like that work? I'm planning on going core7 and it's either this route or putting the mixed algaes in the sump and supplementing with a cheato reactor.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm doing that in my sump I'm running cheato under a Kessil in my first chamber then in the fuge area I'm going to have Xenia and other polyps along with some red macroalgaesz

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a roughly a 280g system and was kicking around the idea of doing a dual refugium. I've only got room for about 20g in the first chamber of my sump but I've got a rimless 30g just sitting around that I could put to good use.

The idea would be to run cheato w/ a h380 in the first compartment of the sump and then use the 30g as a mangrove and "display" refugium with all the mixed species of algaes under a 6500k light source. The 30g would be plumbed off the pump running my reactor manifold and would drain back down into the main drain section in the sump.

Would something like that work? I'm planning on going core7 and it's either this route or putting the mixed algaes in the sump and supplementing with a cheato reactor.
Indeed it would work. A buddy of mine has been growing mangroves for about a year. Both he and I are building 180s. I am using a 75 as a display refugium and he is using dual 40s.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back