!!!!!!DUDE it's THERMANS RAINBOW!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking nasuta. Looks very similar to one I have that I've only recently been able to ID. Therman's is the closest I've seen color wise to mine. I got this as a tiny frag from a local reefer who couldn't remember the name.

Unknown Acro by ritter6788, on Flickr

You're right about it being tough to photograph. I've taken a hundred pics of it trying to get the colors to show and only got one to show decent colors. Mine shows white, pink, blue, purple, green throughout the colony. It's a fast grower for me.

I call mine The Grimreefer nasuta after the screen name of the member of our local club I got it from.

Tammi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good suggestions! Thank u for that and being nice to a newbie on the forum!!!:p I do have a small fuge, but I would think the lights wouldn't be enough for that coral. I just have a cheap l clip on light I brought from the hardware store

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks for the awesome pic! Looks similar for sure. Sounds like the same tricky colors to shoot as the one. Got too.

There's blue in the tips that's unmistakable in person that are washed and faded in pics. As well as other hues hiding in this one. Who know the may be the same!

And tammi it's my pleasure. I think that coral will definetly survive in you're fuge under that light but idealy it would only be temporarily till you got the shrimp out. There not nearly as light dependent as acros and such but it will probably loose some prettiness down there.

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I got a frag from you, Adam. Tiny buy is growing. The color is coming out slowly. We'll see how it will look a few months from now.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The hidden potential reminds me of the Vivid's Rainbow Delight, which looks like poo for months to years (at least in my tank), to the point where you wonder if it was ever as pretty as the select few photos online (or faded memories in your head). Then one day BAM! Socks get knocked off :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The hidden potential reminds me of the Vivid's Rainbow Delight, which looks like poo for months to years (at least in my tank), to the point where you wonder if it was ever as pretty as the select few photos online (or faded memories in your head). Then one day BAM! Socks get knocked off :)

right. not unlike the similar ultimate frags rainbow who's allure has always been a bit of as mystery to me. I have never been able to really get the magic to come out. but have seen pics so i keep holding on lol. This thing blows either away in my tank if you ask me.

Tammi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will try

As long as it survives I will be happy. Do u think the picked parts will come back in? I will keep u posted on its progress. Thanks again ;-):smile:

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
right. not unlike the similar ultimate frags rainbow who's allure has always been a bit of as mystery to me. I have never been able to really get the magic to come out. but have seen pics so i keep holding on lol. This thing blows either away in my tank if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure I still have some Ultimate's Rainbow recovering, but it never popped for me either. Got it at the same time as the Vivid's but has been brown and encrusting for almost 3 years...

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm pretty sure I still have some Ultimate's Rainbow recovering, but it never popped for me either. Got it at the same time as the Vivid's but has been brown and encrusting for almost 3 years...

lol ok now i don't feel quite so bad. That's about where i am at with the u-frags as well. quirky acro for sure.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bump this. Here's my nub and encrusted base. It's a few months old. Has anyone raised a frag into a colony yet?
P1270614.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll bump this. Here's my nub and encrusted base. It's a few months old. Has anyone raised a frag into a colony yet?
P1270614.jpg

nice one. coming along just fine id say. Thank's a lot for posting! I'd have a good sized colony if I could just stop hacking it up. Tim's got or had monsters though I'm sure.

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a monster but it seems I am perpetually fighting with this one to keep it pretty, and it is not in its prime at the moment. Adam does a way better job with it than I do :)

To give you an idea of the size, my last "oops" frag was a 5" diameter chunk, and it was less than 20% of the colony.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Awesome man. Nice to see the progression shots! That's looking good!

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another bump. My Therman's has finally stopped encrusting and has sprouted some new branches!!!! We have lift off!

P1300196.JPG

That is coming along very nicely!!! Where are you keeping it in your tank? I just received a piece of this from Tim and I am looking forward to some sweet colors!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back