Dumb question about a toadstool.

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this a little while ago now, and I’m just wondering it it’s one of those toadstools that gets really big a bit like a chalice (the cup not the coral). I’ve been wanting one of them, so hoping it is.

6F7EF675-9463-48FC-AAEF-16DF4C5F330E.jpeg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this a little while ago now, and I’m just wondering it it’s one of those toadstools that gets really big a bit like a chalice (the cup not the coral). I’ve been wanting one of them, so hoping it is.

Provide a picture of the one you are talking about like a chalice cup

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the polyp extension on it. Can’t wait for it to get massive, assuming it does
It will. They are built like tanks. Very robust coral. My suggestion is that you leave a space around it. Mine went from 2.5 across to about 7 inches across in 10 months. Beautiful coral. It's the one that people notice from across the room.

OP
OP
laezur

laezur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will. They are built like tanks. Very robust coral. My suggestion is that you leave a space around it. Mine went from 2.5 across to about 7 inches across in 10 months. Beautiful coral. It's the one that people notice from across the room.
That's what I'm hoping for. For now until I'm ready for big scary SPS I want this big boy to be my show piece that makes people go wooooow. Maybe not coral experts, but people who don't know about reef tanks will be astonished. I've got it lots of space now, I think I'll move it a bit later though as it's currently at the front of the tank and if it attaches there.... I'll never be able to see anything behind it ever again lol.

mkereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have one exactly like this and its huge. So im assuming it will get big and vibrant like mine.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back