Duncan coral contorting??

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have this Duncan coral that I’ve had for about 5 days…. It’s been thriving and I’ve spot fed it and seen it eat. It’s been doing great but today I saw it contorting like a lot almost to the point where the one head seemed like it was going to split in two. Is this normal behavior I understand they don’t split and heads sprout from the base. Yesterday I brought home a hammer and some zoas I mistakenly put the hammer next to the Duncan, my mistake… could the Duncan have stung it in the night? Is this a reaction to being stung? They weren’t touching and had plenty of space in between being small frags. I already moved things around on the frag rack to space them out. Just wanted some input from the community. My parameters are stable and within range my other coral are fine. Tank has been running for 1.5 mos and I watch it closely for any changes.

D7C21BDD-3AAD-4148-8CC7-AEE03EB9A627.jpeg

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be forming a new head. Is your flow really high to where it’s pushing it over? Also it’s really close to your GSP and it might be getting stung. Trying moving it. Also if it’s 5 days old it’s still adjusting to your tank. Try to minimize stress. Is that a hammer behind it?

OP
OP
nomad6

nomad6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be forming a new head. Is your flow really high to where it’s pushing it over? Also it’s really close to your GSP and it might be getting stung. Trying moving it. Also if it’s 5 days old it’s still adjusting to your tank. Try to minimize stress. Is that a hammer behind it?
I thought duncans sprouted heads from the base? It’s been fully open and gsp and hammer are inches away gsp has a drop off on side of Duncan. I just turned off the powerhead because I got discosoma I’m trying to get to attach to a rock.

Hoodstream

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought duncans sprouted heads from the base? It’s been fully open and gsp and hammer are inches away gsp has a drop off on side of Duncan. I just turned off the powerhead because I got discosoma I’m trying to get to attach to a rock.
I misunderstood your post and read it as it’s forming from the base my apology had to reread. I’m not sure I just gave suggestions. Will follow though Incase anyone with a higher level experience has an answer.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back