duncan destroyed overnight

PatrickStarfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
help! my duncan was destroyed.. i don't know what would pick on it.. i have a alot of mixed critters.. hermits, urchin, abalones, a coris wrasse etc, but I am quite certain the rest are reef safe..clowns, tangs, cleaner shrimp etc etc..

20210615_182613.jpg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it's not totally gone yet.

I had a Duncan frag Suicide off of the rock work and land directly between a tube anenome and massive bubble coral both of which were stinging the heck out of it.

A few iodine dips and 3 weeks in the sump and it's regrown an entire bailed out head.

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be frustrating. I'm using UV and a very limited lighting schedule to fix my dinos and my pinwheel zoas doubled in size and my bob marley's literally disappeared overnight.

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be frustrating. I'm using UV and a very limited lighting schedule to fix my dinos and my pinwheel zoas doubled in size and my bob marley's literally disappeared overnight.
Dinos wiped out almost all my zoas (have one barely surviving out of 6 and it's had extremely small polyps for last 6 months). Good luck!

BanjoBandito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos wiped out almost all my zoas (have one barely surviving out of 6 and it's had extremely small polyps for last 6 months). Good luck!

These bob marleys....I got them small and my other zoas are fine and growing, but they've consistently been tough. So I'm not shocked. I got the dino's wiped out though. UV and dino X for 3 rounds. I'm finally going to do a water change today after about a 3 week absence and try to get everything back to normal. I'll prob. move a couple things around and turn my lights down (I use a REDSEA reefLED 50 and was running at 60% lighting....but most of the corals have really liked this almost all blue at 40% run I'm doing). What has shocked me is that my hammer coral gave no SH*Ts during all of this. I thought for sure it was going to be "grumpy"...

Saminpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a hermit crab destroy a duncan frag i had gotten last year. Just kept clawing off pieces. I won’t keep them in my lps tank anymore for this reason

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back