Duncan vs Euphyllia

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't find a good answer on this. Duncan next to hammers and frogspawns? Yes or no?

Excuse my brevity. Posting from my phone in front of the tank haha.

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Now to get wet and glue down all of my new frags!

bigjoker208

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like if the duncan is touching the frogspawn/hammer you might be able to get away with it for a time, but eventually your luck will run out. I had a trumpet coral near a frogspawn and for about a week they were absolutely great. Then i woke up one day and the trumpet had gotten stung by the frogspawn causing the skin to peel. Needless to say, i moved the trumpet.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures? Sounds like you have a Bomb Euphyllia garden!

Last edited:
OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures? Sounds like you have a Bomb euphillia garden!

Haha not quite bomb, yet, but bomb in the making! Still all frags. Hoping to pick up some splatters or neons at our frag swap in a couple of weeks. The peach frogspawn is only in the front temporarily (I have another in the back). I had a splatter and a neon, but both brown jellied within days of shipping. They didn't like something in my tank at the time, and I'm suspecting high nitrates that I had, although all of my other Euphyllia were and are thriving. (Sorry they're not color corrected, just some quick shots from my phone)

Teal hammer in front left, temporary peach frogspawn in the middle, green frogspawn and yellow hammer behind that in the middle, green with blue tip frogspawn on the right, and permanent peach frogspawn hiding wayyyy in the back.

20170324_215311.jpg

The Euphyllia garden is on the left rock. You can also see the purple torch with neon mouth in the front left corner and another purple torch in the center sand bed still acclimating. The Duncan's all by its lonesome on the left side of the right rock, about half way up - over top of, and in front of, my Candy Canes.

20170326_094247.jpg

20170324_215235.jpg

And this is what that (to me) huge frogspawn looked when I first got it.

20170104_194839_1.jpg

Arvin0677

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Duncan's and Torches next to each other without any issue.

OP
OP
LbulletM

LbulletM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should we start taking bets? Looks like they should be in different weight classes.

puffer420

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what was the outcome. I'm in thia situation now. Hammer and duncun getting pretty close

Cnelson93

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had Duncan’s touching hammers and frog spawn and they were fine, not near a torch though as that combination didn’t work for me.

Back