Dying wall hammer pink skeleton?

Harold999

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This morning i received 3 small wall hammers over the mail. I did put them in a Q tank so they can recover from the trip first before i dip them and put them in the display tank. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 don't look well and i think are not gonna make it. What i notice is that these 2 have a different colored skeleton than the healthy one. The healthy one has on top a white/beigish colored skeleton while the 2 dying ones have a pink colored skeleton on top. See picture.
Is that normal for wallhammers? (i'm new into wall hammers)

20211116_171034.jpg

JaaxReef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
This morning i received 3 small wall hammers over the mail. I did put them in a Q tank so they can recover from the trip first before i dip them and put them in the display tank. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 don't look well and i think are not gonna make it. What i notice is that these 2 have a different colored skeleton than the healthy one. The healthy one has on top a white/beigish colored skeleton while the 2 dying ones have a pink colored skeleton on top. See picture.
Is that normal for wallhammers? (i'm new into wall hammers)

20211116_171034.jpg
Looks like coralline algae is growing on the skeleton to me…

OP
H

Harold999

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Found this thread, the pictures in that thread reminds me of what i'm seeing now.

Dannyboy402

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I've never had long term luck with wall hammers/frogspawn. They seem to always peel away from the skeleton after a few months for me and I end up throwing them out. My guess would be they don't like the flow I have in my tank even though its pretty moderate.

Reef Chasers Aquaculture

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 30 23.6%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 15 11.8%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 14 11.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.8%
Legendary