Dying wall hammer pink skeleton?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning i received 3 small wall hammers over the mail. I did put them in a Q tank so they can recover from the trip first before i dip them and put them in the display tank. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 don't look well and i think are not gonna make it. What i notice is that these 2 have a different colored skeleton than the healthy one. The healthy one has on top a white/beigish colored skeleton while the 2 dying ones have a pink colored skeleton on top. See picture.
Is that normal for wallhammers? (i'm new into wall hammers)

20211116_171034.jpg

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning i received 3 small wall hammers over the mail. I did put them in a Q tank so they can recover from the trip first before i dip them and put them in the display tank. Unfortunately 2 out of 3 don't look well and i think are not gonna make it. What i notice is that these 2 have a different colored skeleton than the healthy one. The healthy one has on top a white/beigish colored skeleton while the 2 dying ones have a pink colored skeleton on top. See picture.
Is that normal for wallhammers? (i'm new into wall hammers)

20211116_171034.jpg
Looks like coralline algae is growing on the skeleton to me…

OP
OP
H

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this thread, the pictures in that thread reminds me of what i'm seeing now.

Dannyboy402

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had long term luck with wall hammers/frogspawn. They seem to always peel away from the skeleton after a few months for me and I end up throwing them out. My guess would be they don't like the flow I have in my tank even though its pretty moderate.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back