EasySPS food

stevethao

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see alot of people using both EasySPS AND EasyBooster. Do we need to feed both?

Pygmey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far does everyone have their valve open on the small bags? Also do you notice past the doser some of the fluid comes out even when the pump is off?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How far does everyone have their valve open on the small bags? Also do you notice past the doser some of the fluid comes out even when the pump is off?
When I used the small bags, I had the valves wide open. No. I would think any good doser would restrict flow when not running. I can't speak for other dosers, but with my GHL Doser, I don't get extra drips usually. If I do, it's just the slightest bit. If yours is dropping a lot, then maybe a hose change is in order?

lovemysps00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I stopped dosing acropower. I'm dosing EasyBooster and sps Evo together for a complete food source for sps and microfauna

I just ordered the EasyBooster and EVO to replace the Polyp-booster too. Both 1500ml from CoralVue. Should the daily dosing of RedSea AB+ stop if using this product? Thanks.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered the EasyBooster and EVO to replace the Polyp-booster too. Both 1500ml from CoralVue. Should the daily dosing of RedSea AB+ stop if using this product? Thanks.
I'm not sure? I've never used anything from Red Sea. I would start with half of the recommended dose when you get them and go from there.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure? I've never used anything from Red Sea. I would start with half of the recommended dose when you get them and go from there.

I was using the separate a and b, began using easysps when i ran out of a and b and saw a significant improvement in my tank with easysps and easybooster. I ran out of easysps and picked up some ab+ to use while waiting for it to be available again and personally I don't feel ab+ or a and b separately benefited my tank like easysps and easybooster do. I gave the rest of the ab+ away -- no point using something that's doing the same job as something else and not as well.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was using the separate a and b, began using easysps when i ran out of a and b and saw a significant improvement in my tank with easysps and easybooster. I ran out of easysps and picked up some ab+ to use while waiting for it to be available again and personally I don't feel ab+ or a and b separately benefited my tank like easysps and easybooster do. I gave the rest of the ab+ away -- no point using something that's doing the same job as something else and not as well.
When I first started dosing acropower, I did notice a positive change, but not like the change with Easy Reefs, it was night and day to me. I'm currently dosing 4mL a day of each, 1mL every 6hrs.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of those who use this and notice value to SPS/Stoney's, to what do you attribute the growth/coloration? Per Coralvue's site, this product is essentially phyto. Everything that I have read, including from phyto manufacturers, is that though phyto will elicit polyp extention, but sps do not directly feed on phyto. Are your sps indirectly obtaining the nutrition of phyto from other tank inhabitants that consume and process the phyto?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Of those who use this and notice value to SPS/Stoney's, to what do you attribute the growth/coloration? Per Coralvue's site, this product is essentially phyto. Everything that I have read, including from phyto manufacturers, is that though phyto will elicit polyp extention, but sps do not directly feed on phyto. Are your sps indirectly obtaining the nutrition of phyto from other tank inhabitants that consume and process the phyto?
From what I gathered watching the live stream with Luis from Easy Reefs, is that EasyBooster is phytoplankton and SPS Evo is zooplankton, which also contains different phytoplankton as well (I could be wrong with my info?). Sps will directly and indirectly feed from them and are a complete food source for sps (per Luis from Easy Reefs). All I can say is that it's working for my sps/tank. The overall health and growth of my sps has increased after dosing both. Is it a direct result of dosing both, I can't say for sure, but I'm going with 99.9%. Will it be the same in other tanks? Like many things in this hobby, it's uncertain, but I'm pretty confident there are benefits to dosing both and there's no down side at this moment. The 250mL bags are relatively inexpensive, so it was worth a try and I'm glad I spent the money.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I gathered watching the live stream with Luis from Easy Reefs, is that EasyBooster is phytoplankton and SPS Evo is zooplankton, which also contains different phytoplankton as well (I could be wrong with my info?). Sps will directly and indirectly feed from them and are a complete food source for sps (per Luis from Easy Reefs). All I can say is that it's working for my sps/tank. The overall health and growth of my sps has increased after dosing both. Is it a direct result of dosing both, I can't say for sure, but I'm going with 99.9%. Will it be the same in other tanks? Like many things in this hobby, it's uncertain, but I'm pretty confident there are benefits to dosing both and there's no down side at this moment. The 250mL bags are relatively inexpensive, so it was worth a try and I'm glad I spent the money.
Thank you for the response! And I wasn't discrediting the product or anyone's experience. It just seemed to contradictory to other available information. I definitely need to do more research:D

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for the response! And I wasn't discrediting the product or anyone's experience. It just seemed to contradictory to other available information. I definitely need to do more research:D
No worries. I didn't see your post as anything negative, more of searching for info and answers, which is what this whole forum/website is used/created for. Now that I've found something that seems to work for my tank, I'm about to step into the world of reef moonshiners and see if tracking trace elements improves things even more? It seems there's always something new to discover/explore in this hobby.

Chris Spaulding

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started dosing both myself as curiosity got the best of me. I have been only using for about 2 weeks and dosing is up to 3 ml a day each dosed 1 ml every 8 hrs total of 70 gallon system. What I can say is my Alk consumption is up slightly and the polyp extension seam much better. I also have noticed what seams like more pods on the glass and in the water column at night. Is it because of EasyReefs? not sure but I have not seen any negative effects so it can't hurt.

Fish E

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_2020-07-30-09-11-42-1.png

This is one of the claims that made me question how coral is benefiting from phyto and supports many claims that they don't directly feed on phyto because of the inability to digest despite polyp extention and that perhaps the phyto is being converted further down the chain. From Red Sea's Reef Energy page. Granted, this is information from a manufacturer so who knows.

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think that there is a bit of confusion here. Easy Booster and EasySPS are two separate products.

EasyBooster is a blend of Phtyo and probably has no direct benefit on SPS. Per Luis: "Easybooster is designed to feed the benthic fauna of the aquarium, phytophagous corals and filter feeders. This product only contains a mixture of our four different microalgae blends." I personally use this product to feed my microfauna (amphipods, copepods, sponges, feather dusters, bivalves and misc).

EasySPS on the otherhand mimics Zooplantonic food. It is basically a gel of ground up shrimp (Palaemonetes varians) with small amounts of phyto integrated for the anti-oxidant properties. I use this product as direct coral food.

Last edited:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back