EasySPS food

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We have the outlets from the tubes from the dosing pumps at the intake to the return pumps. At the moment we run a temporary aquarium with lots of holding tanks connected to the same sumps and fed by the same return pumps. This way all tanks gets some EasyBooster/SPS.
Worked well for about two years now. But of course we have to check the tubes now and then. Never had problems at the outlet, but a couple of times at the dosing pump and at the connection to the bag.

Whould you like to explain the reasons for that(tubes above the water). Thanks! :)
You don't want tank water entering your dosing tubes. Build up, bacteria and "pulling" more than what you actually dose into the water can cause issues. Also, microfauna can find it's way up the tubes as well.

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine and connected the adapter for the 1st time. Little scary since there were no instructions on hand.
I agree about the cost, but it saves money in the long run.

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.

I update the post with a very interesting study on the use of Isochrysis Galnana.

The easy booster has Isochrysis T-Iso (33.3%),

Continuous feeding of Isochrysis galbana promotes improved growth and nutritional composition in captive Acropora corals.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi guys.

I update the post with a very interesting study on the use of Isochrysis Galnana.

The easy booster has Isochrysis T-Iso (33.3%),

Continuous feeding of Isochrysis galbana promotes improved growth and nutritional composition in captive Acropora corals.

Did you read the full text of the link you provided? You're making considerable generalizations and pulling a single phrase out of the Abstract/highlights.

Maybe you can share a link of the full paper we all can read and evaluate what was tested, ect.

Last edited:

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you read the full text of the link you provided? You're making considerable generalizations and pulling a single phrase out of the Abstract/highlights.

Maybe you can share a link of the full paper we all can read and evaluate what was tested, ect.
I've just read the result and method part of this article and it sounds very reliable. The experiments were done at AIMS (https://www.aims.gov.au/).
Unfortunately they didn't test any products on the market, but used unfiltered sea water for one, live Isocryssis and a couple of coral foods developed at AIMS (same as in this article https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0207956&type=printable ).

The cool part was that filtered water with live Isochryssis gave higher weight gain then the unfiltered sea water(and filtered water with the other types of food). They used 300 frags of each three species (900 frags). Isochryssis "won" for all three species in the category weight gain.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've just read the result and method part of this article and it sounds very reliable. The experiments were done at AIMS (https://www.aims.gov.au/).
Unfortunately they didn't test any products on the market, but used unfiltered sea water for one, live Isocryssis and a couple of coral foods developed at AIMS (same as in this article https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0207956&type=printable ).

The cool part was that filtered water with live Isochryssis gave higher weight gain then the unfiltered sea water(and filtered water with the other types of food). They used 300 frags of each three species (900 frags). Isochryssis "won" for all three species in the category weight gain.

Thanks, just read the article link and it says unfiltered seawater produced the most gain in the millepora, not a surprise (which I was most interested in). I don't see anything about Isochryssis?

Not sure there is anything of significance other than that......I'm mostly interested in acropora growth. The problem with tests like these is that they ignore the most simple control for someone like you or me and that's a separate tank with fish in it that are fed daily.

Or even just dosing nitrate/phosphate vs unfiltered seawater would have been interesting.

The corals in the test take in nutreints from the back end vs ammonium/urea because none is available.

Last edited:

Sallstrom

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, just read the article link and it says unfiltered seawater produced the most gain in the millepora, not a surprise (which I was most interested in). I don't see anything about Isochryssis?

Not sure there is anything of significance other than that......I'm mostly interested in acropora growth. The problem with tests like these is that they ignore the most simple control for someone like you or me and that's a separate tank with fish in it that are fed daily.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. The article I wrote about was this one: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0044848619310282

They used the same type of "secret" food in the article above as in this one:
https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article/file?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0207956&type=printable

The first article got the highest weight gain over 90 days with Isochyssis as food for 2/3 species. The third species, Acropora loripes, gained the same weight when fed only with Isochryssis as when fed Isochryssis + their food(it looks like on their graph). So in that experiment the corals given Isochryssis gain more in weight than the corals in unfiltered sea water(the Isochryssis treatment were in filtered sea water).

They do write a lot about what the types of food contains, but I haven't had the time to read through it yet. So perhaps their food could be compared to what we feed our fish with. Perhaps not.

Anyway, I think it's a great article. I'm sorry I can't post the whole article here.

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok thanks I'll look more into it.......the one point I did notice in the PLOS full test article is that Reefroids and ATF (secret food) didn't really have any significant differences in results in the Milli.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered a large bag of EasySps Evo and I'm concerned with shipping. It won't arrive for another 3-4 days and I'm wondering if the heat will spoil the contents. Any ideas?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just ordered a large bag of EasySps Evo and I'm concerned with shipping. It won't arrive for another 3-4 days and I'm wondering if the heat will spoil the contents. Any ideas?
I think it'll be fine as long as it's not boiling. Maybe @Luis Easyreefs can answer?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was fine shipped over 4 days and sat on my porch in Texas heat for 8 hours so my guess is they will be fine. I dumped them in an air tight dosing container and so far no spoilage

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was fine shipped over 4 days and sat on my porch in Texas heat for 8 hours so my guess is they will be fine. I dumped them in an air tight dosing container and so far no spoilage
May I ask which container? I would prefer that over using the bag, even though I bought the dispenser with it.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May I ask which container? I would prefer that over using the bag, even though I bought the dispenser with it.

Made 2 containers out of glass mason jars and siliconed the adapters to the lids. I prefer them due to their small size and they seal tight

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I put 1500ml into a dosing container and dose using a free dos pump. Didn’t have success with the bag and versa. Also don’t like the look of a bag hanging. Works just fine in a dosing container and the container is airtight. I dose 4ml a day on a 45 gallon system. Easy booster I dose 4 days a week at 3ml a day. I also never stopped dosing acropower. Have that set up on a versa at 3ml a day and just never shut it off. The growth I have experienced since starting easy sps is off the charts. For those thinking po4 and no3 increases I haven’t had that experience. I actually stopped dosing NoPox to free up a dos pump for this and just increased photo period of my fuge. Po3 has been steady at .03-.05 and no3 0-10. Some days I dose no3 so it doesn’t bottom out and I have 10 fish. Heavy bioload.

This stuff is the real deal.
What kind of problem did you have with your versa pump?

Pablo Easyreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE = "Big E, publicación: 8024252, miembro: 20023"]
¿Leíste el texto completo del enlace que proporcionaste? Estás haciendo considerables generalizaciones y sacando una sola frase del Resumen / aspectos destacados.

Tal vez pueda compartir un enlace del documento completo que todos podemos leer y evaluar lo que se probó, ect.
[/ CITAR]

@Sallstrom hizo un gran resumen, no puedo compartir el artículo completo porque no lo permiten.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, the connector on the large 1500ml bag went on easily and the Versa has no problems dosing it. Does anyone know if there is an expiration date on the bag? I couldn't find it. I will go through this bag in 250 days so I hope it stays fresh for that long!

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, the connector on the large 1500ml bag went on easily and the Versa has no problems dosing it. Does anyone know if there is an expiration date on the bag? I couldn't find it. I will go through this bag in 250 days so I hope it stays fresh for that long!
I think I read somewhere it’s good for 18 months? Pretty sure the date is on the smaller bags.@Pablo Easyreefs knows for sure

Back