Ebay Feedback

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long would you wait for a vendor to respond to an email before leaving negative feedback and pursuing a full refund?

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 hours as a vendor myself im always looking for responses at least that long after a shippment and if there garrantee warrants a quick reply like mine does I make myself avaible and im looking at tracking and emails if somthing went wronge.

scp443

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i sell on ebay as well, not corals though. I have 1755 feedback and i've been playing the game for over 2 years now. i wouldn't leave negative feeback because he didnt respond within 24 hours. You have 90 days before you cant leave feedback for the transaction. Give the guy a chance to make things good. DO NOT threaten with negative. That is against the rules and will get you into trouble with ebay. Just try to get what you want. Tell him your stuation and ask him to make it better. Once you leave him negative, i doubt he'll help you at all, and thats not what you really want. Ebay sellers have lives just like anyone else and many of us do not check emails or respond on weekends. Just curious, what happened that you want to leave him a negative?

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a custom acrylic fug. It was sent with only half of my measurments and is un usable. I emailed hime twice on day of delivery once yesterday and once today. No response. During the order process he would respond with in minutes multiple times over two or three days.

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a 12 year veteran of eBay with almost 4000 feedback. Let me throw in my 2 cents. First off, only leave negative feedback as a last resort. You as the buyer can leave negative feedback without any retalatory feedback. In otherwords, eBay just changed there policy and Only the buyer can leave a Negative feedback. Seller cannot leave neutral or negative. With that being said, Give the person every opportunity yo make it right. Stuff happens sometimes and maybe he does not have access to email. Server is down or maybe he is traveling. Also, you can go to ebay and get the members contact information. I.E. telephone number and call him.. Click this link for that info http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQtZvbQQsofindtypeZ9

If all else fails then do what you have to, but just be fair. I have people all the time jump the gun or make comments they shouldnt, but thats the nature of the beast. Good luck.

Perry-OIAB www.oceaninabox.com
ebay user- auctionmethis.com

scp443

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OIB is spot on. take his advice. you can click 'advanced search' at the top right of the ebay.com page and then choose 'find contact info' from the menu on the left. you'll need the guys userid and the item # you purchased. it will email both you and the seller eachothers information like addresses and phone numbers. if you call and get the guy on the phone and he still doesnt help you, if he basically just says 'tough luck' thats when i'd drop the negative and open a dispute through paypal. dont even send him his stuff back and get your money back. i hate dishonest sellers its makeing it so tough on the honest ones.

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as I had thought he just took a little vacation. Which is good because I thought he was blowing me off.
Here is where I get more annoyed however. He wants me to package and send the mis cut pieces back to him to be re cut. I personally think that this is unreasonable. Why should I have to pay more money and time to have his errors corrected. I feel that he should just re cut the one baffle and the filter drawer and send them too me with all the other missing pieces. His cost in material has got to be small and time to do it minutes. Rather than throwing another week into the mess and more money out of my pocket.
What do you guys think?

Eklikewhoa

Fish Thumper!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens....what are you gonna do now?

If you don't send it back you don't have what you want.
If you do send it back you are out a bit of change in shipping fees but end up with what you want.
Can't leave much negative feedback now since he has offered to make right on the product.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it can be argued either way. It was his mistake so you shouldn't pay shipping, but then again if you read the warranty on most things, like electronics, it is the buyers responsibility to pay for shipping back to the manufacturer to have problems fixed. I'm not sure how eBay would rule in a case such as this, but since he is making an effort I'm not sure they'd award you anything.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He should pay for shipping since it was his mistake!

Russellaqua...if you buy electronics from B&H...and there is a problem with it they pay for all the shipping both ways to make it right. I bought a lens that had a spot on one of the elements and they covered everything. I also bought a home theater system from Vanns.com and one of the speakers was cracked...they also paid for all the shipping back and forth to replace.

The bottom line is...in my mind...whoever made the mistake should cover the costs to make it right.

Teeka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He should pay for shipping since it was his mistake!

Russellaqua...if you buy electronics from B&H...and there is a problem with it they pay for all the shipping both ways to make it right. I bought a lens that had a spot on one of the elements and they covered everything. I also bought a home theater system from Vanns.com and one of the speakers was cracked...they also paid for all the shipping back and forth to replace.

The bottom line is...in my mind...whoever made the mistake should cover the costs to make it right.

I agree.

Last week I won an auction too. It was a St Thomas Mushroom. When the person shipped it some reason it sat in his hometown at the UPS station for 26 hours before it was sent on its way. By the I got it the mushroom had disolved. I have a new one being shipped on Tuesday after the hoilday. This is on the seller.

Reef Gardener

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of the fragile nature of my Ebay items (eggs), I make it known I can not be responsible for the Postal system. I have had 2 orders not make it completely intact - half broken. Even though I am not responsible both times I have offered to send replacements - buyer pays shipping costs but I take care of the packaging costs. That way the buyer isnt eating all the cost and neither am I. Both those customers left positive feedback and I hope will be repeat customers. Good business practices keep customers and I plan on keeping my 100% Feedback rating.

I would try and negotiate with him again - at least on covering a portion of the shipping costs.

scp443

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the vacation excuse is overly used on ebay imo.

he should ship you the correct fuge along with an extra label in the box what has his addy as the ship to. then you can put the unuseable one in the box, slap the other label on and ship it off. thats what i do in those situations and i dont even question them or waste any time. either that or i just let the buyer keep the wrong item. depends how expesive the item is.

you are definitely not being unreasonable asking for him to pay for his mistake. thats a sellers job. if he doesnt want to do that, i'd leave him a negative and start the process of getting your money back. you can try to mess around with a paypal dispute but i'd just go to the credit card company and do a chargeback. this is also why i always use my amex card when ordering online. they rarely side with the seller. anyways, if hes even considering the idea of you haveing to pay to ship it back to him, he deserves the neg. just my opinion.

also, pay attention to how much time is passing, dont allow him to stall because it is possible to wait too long to get your $$ back. this is difficult because this is a custom item. remember how long it took from him to build it? if it takes any longer than that, i'd get on his butt asking where the item is. i dont have all the numbers in my head but there are limits with paypal as to how much time can pass before you can dispute a transaction, before you can leave negative feedback, even some CC companies will have limits on how much time can pass before you can do a chargeback. be aware of these deadlines and act accordingly. its a game you gotsta learn to play it right!

OP
OP
ReeferRob

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what now you guys. He finally agreed to send out the missing parts from the kit and to re cut and send the proper pieces.
But here is the thing he sent out the exact same piece I already have. The incorrect size?

oceaninabox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point tell him you are 100% unsatisfied and want to return everything for a full refund. If that doesnt work then leave your Negative, if thats what you have in mind. Here is another twist. Once you leave the negative feedback he has the option of trying to get it removed. If he chooses that option it has to come from you. In other words eBay sends you the email stating this seller is requesting you overturn your feedback. If he makes things square then yes, if not then no!!!!!

Thats all I have my friend!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back