Ebay LEDS

Gerry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 over my 190 and one over my 60 they work grate . I hooked then up to a $30.00 home depot timer and they have work great for three years.

Themaddhatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shadowing is a issue and the braces will add to that effect-sort of depends on what you want to keep and where in relation to the lights- the two I have on the 48" fill the tank well with a bit of spill over all around at 12" above the water I do get a low par area (shadow) in the center from the brace-the fixtures I have are 16"lg
Did you find it very visible? I don't mind a few low par areas as I like a variety of corals anyway, but when I had 250w MH pendants, the shadow was so stark, I had to get a third pendant. My t5 fixture diffuses the light so you don't see the shadows.

sherita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which model word you recommend for my 125? And would 2 work?

If it's a 6' or 5' tank you will need 3, if it's a 48" footprint, then 2 will do just fine.

The ones ecotachi sells are full spectrum, dimmable, 165w. You can dim them way down for low light softies, but they have enough punch to reach the sandbed on my 220g, and they are NOT turned up all the way. PM me if you can't find him, and I'll help you out. I don't think we are supposed to put ebay links up on the forums.

Themaddhatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's a 6' or 5' tank you will need 3, if it's a 48" footprint, then 2 will do just fine.

The ones ecotachi sells are full spectrum, dimmable, 165w. You can dim them way down for low light softies, but they have enough punch to reach the sandbed on my 220g, and they are NOT turned up all the way. PM me if you can't find him, and I'll help you out. I don't think we are supposed to put ebay links up on the forums.
I found their page, actually. I see 120w and 165w fixtures but both seem to list the same specs. I'm comparing to ocean revive's fixtures, which are on sale for 148. I think three would be the best layout too.

Themaddhatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Themaddhatter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The price is awesome, and they look decent too. Torn between these and the Ocean Revive T247. Price difference right now is about 32/fixture. The deal brewer may be shipping cost. Ecotachi will ship to Canada for free. Not sure about Ocean Revive though.
How do you dim your lights? Is it a knob by feel or digital readout?

Choezen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I ask what % you guys are running the 165W full spectrum ones at for blue and white?

Scuba rim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 of the 165w full spectrum lights over my 300dd and I'm thinking of swapping them out for kessil A360WE connected to my apex. Will I see much improvement in my coral growth? How about color? Also I contacted Kessil to ask how many would be needed over my 300dd (6' long x 3' wide x 27" tall) they said 5 A360WE or 6 A160WE. Which ones would be better?

sherita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three of the 165w lights over my 6' 220g. The lights are about 16" above the water (tank is 31"deep) and I"m running 90% blues and 40% whites. Blues are on 12 hours, whites are on 8 hours.

Can I ask what % you guys are running the 165W full spectrum ones at for blue and white?

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 x 165w 90gl sps 12" above water 55% full spectrum 65%blue - super impressed 8 months growth and colors great the 3w diodes on these are driven @2.2w on these 165w units these units replaced my vho t-5 on a established sps tank large sps colonies and the fresh cuts I put in all show inches of growth

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the mars aqua brand 300watt full spectrum unit and love it also my corals are loving it

Attachments

• 1420788258151.jpg
    1420788258151.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 835
  • 1420788277737.jpg
    1420788277737.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 826

DTdr2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[QUOTE; DR. Reefgood]I purchased an OceanRevive T247 few months back. I couldnt be happier with it. I love the way it looks and the corals look happy as well. I would purchase it again.[/QUOTE]

Pulled the trigger on my OR, and have had nothing but problems with the timer on one of my lights. Wouldn't be so bad, and I understand things happen, however customer service at OceanRevive hasn't been able to address the issue. Addtionally, I'm only able to communicate by email from between the hours of +/-10p.m.-6a.m. CST.. Little hard to get an issue resolved with these kind of hours, and NO PHONE number.

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using the mars aqua brand 300watt full spectrum unit and love it also my corals are loving it

Big larr, how are liking that unit?? I switched gears and decided to get that one it will be on half a 300g rubbermaid grow out-just checked ups tracking-out for delivery today!! woot woot -where you at for intensity and channel ratio, height above tank,??
Thanks! John.

Big Larr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jzaso I'm still loving this light I currently run it about 8" above the water and keep the white and color lights at the minimum setting and run the blues at about 50% or a little less and my acros are coloring up nice although my pink birdsnest and green monti cap are slightly bleaching but all other corals are doing great and there is definitely room to hang it higher above the water

jzaso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jzaso I'm still loving this light I currently run it about 8" above the water and keep the white and color lights at the minimum setting and run the blues at about 50% or a little less and my acros are coloring up nice although my pink birdsnest and green monti cap are slightly bleaching but all other corals are doing great and there is definitely room to hang it higher above the water

Thanks Larr, nice to have a starting point-can,t wait to get home and hang that bad chicken up! should be the cats meow of the china boxes!
I love my budget leds more importantly so do my corals!! decided to go with the marshydro instead of the topled "aquastars" that I have on the 90sps because of the reviews -should be better than the aquastars" hard to believe because I can not find fault with them corals thrive under them! well this unit will be lighting the other half of my 300 grow out-10 expensive VHO T-5 tubes on the other side will be a good comparsion-I love saving big money!!

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 OceanRevive. Buy cheap, well good luck. Research alot. For me the best quality for the buck are Aquabeams . 33% more efficient than Razors+ and better. Not saying razors aren't good, just Over priced for what they are.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back