Ecotech Radion G6?

Bronx19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given they've already moved to panel layout, I don't see where ETM or premium LED in general, can go from here.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given they've already moved to panel layout, I don't see where ETM or premium LED in general, can go from here.

Inclusion of more true UV and IR diodes.

Perhaps creating a couple higher powered dense matrices in conjunction with a spread out array for improved shimmer

zoaprince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bigger panel. it's not exactly panel right now like the ati straton is

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like they'll go bigger panel, like the ATI Straton and Straton Pro.

I think the better and more lucrative option would be to come out with LED Bars as add on to the lights. LED bars and an optional adaptive power supply so you can plug in one "main" light (G4,5,6 xr30/15 pro) and 2 bars to the same power supply. That would be awesome.

You would still get all the fanboys that upgrade with every new generation of light that comes out. But then you can reach the previous Gen owners that aren't going to buy new ones, they can then "upgrade" to adding in the bars.

Shadows Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bigger panel. it's not exactly panel right now like the ati straton is
Not quite sure if that will be the case considering in the update they said there will be the ability to update the LED Cluster.

right as I get my fourth Radion they find out how to get extra money out of me because I most likely will upgrade them because well… they are probably better and IDC if it’s not that much of a difference :p

it will raise their resale value:p

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how it looks:

XR15 G6 Pro
XR15G6Pro.png

XR30 G6 Pro

XR30G6Pro.png

Appears moonlight no longer exists. (perhaps scrapped due to lack of use or chip shortage?) Also seems like less whites. The theoretical spectrum appears more like AI, but perhaps with some more UV (400nm). Couldn't find any references to any G6 Blues, so perhaps that line will fade away. Overall the discrete LED count appears the same, so minimal modifications to the optics are expected. It's possible that Ecotech may sell a separate board swap.
Still more digging needed.

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how it looks:

XR15 G6 Pro
XR15G6Pro.png

XR30 G6 Pro

XR30G6Pro.png

Appears moonlight no longer exists. (perhaps scrapped due to lack of use or chip shortage?) Also seems like less whites. The theoretical spectrum appears more like AI, but perhaps with some more UV (400nm). Couldn't find any references to any G6 Blues, so perhaps that line will fade away. Overall the discrete LED count appears the same, so minimal modifications to the optics are expected. It's possible that Ecotech may sell a separate board swap.
when will it be available?

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do previous gen drop in price when new gen comes out? I’m planning on buying my lights in 2 months and was looking at getting gen 5s based on the BRS reviews.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do previous gen drop in price when new gen comes out? I’m planning on buying my lights in 2 months and was looking at getting gen 5s based on the BRS reviews.

They do until back stock is liquidated. They won’t continue to make the gen5 units sold at a lower price point. Whatever was made before the new generation is released will just be sold off, likely at some “sale” price point. Then they’ll be gone for good

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

They just had the sale to get rid of as much stock as possible for this release.

I'd assume a clearance style sale when G6 is officially announced

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure that as long as G5 sales are strong they'll hold of on G6. The new G5s are still selling for close to $900.

I agree with an earlier poster that LED innovation is likely to be more incremental now, but with Bertram Capital's acquisitions of three major reef LED companies, the next "innovation" is likely to make them all compatible with the various controllers and apps.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's how it looks:

XR15 G6 Pro
XR15G6Pro.png

XR30 G6 Pro

XR30G6Pro.png

"UV" of 400 nm is just violet. The UV region has a wavelength lower than 400 nm, and is not observable to most people.
just thought I would share this.

luxdium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"UV" of 400 nm is just violet. The UV region has a wavelength lower than 400 nm, and is not observable to most people.
just thought I would share this.

According to ISO 21348:2007, UV should be 100nm ≤ λ < 400nm. Where λ is the wavelength. However, in the context of these lights, given that the manufacturer historically labelled 405nm and 415nm as "UV," with due respect to their nomenclature, any wavelength < 415nm could be called "UV," even though we all know that UV is <400nm.

ISO Standard.png

G5 Packet.png

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to ISO 21348:2007, UV should be 100nm ≤ λ < 400nm. Where λ is the wavelength. However, in the context of these lights, given that the manufacturer historically labelled 405nm and 415nm as "UV," with due respect to their nomenclature, any wavelength < 415nm could be called "UV," even though we all know that UV is <400nm.

ISO Standard.png

G5 Packet.png
yes I think several people also discussed this issue before regarding the misleading labeling.
its no more no less than just purple. Reason I mentioned it is because several months ago reefbum had a conversation with mike paletta, chris Meckley and Dr.sanjay joshi on the lack of uv in led fixtures and its effect on coral health and it had a somewhat wide interaction. ECM move in using diodes with a smaller wavelength seems to me like a possible future marketing trap.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 399nm is UV, and 401 is violet. Gotta love those nice round numbers.

Last edited:
Back