Ecotech Radion G6?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech has been breaking the laws of physics for over a decade; best you don't question them now... also remember your g5 lights suck now...
The Blue's maybe, not the Pro's. Saw the Reefbuilders video yesterday, nothing wrong with the G5 Pro. It's the Blue's that had to be fixed.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They tell you that you just need 2. Then you buy 2 and realize it doesn’t work so you buy 2 more. It’s easier to do that way then buy all 4 at once. It’s a trick!!! Haha

no, I don’t know how a rectangle the size of the light can provide enough light in a 4ft square. But I also don’t run their lights so I won’t say it can’t happen.

corey

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Blue's maybe, not the Pro's. Saw the Reefbuilders video yesterday, nothing wrong with the G5 Pro. It's the Blue's that had to be fixed.
This is exactly my issue. I bought a pair of each and I hate the g5 blue. I am thinking about the g6 upgrade g5 blues to the g6 pros

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What don't you like about the blues?
Many turned down or didn't use at all the cyan and lime green channels because they thought it didn't look right. The G5 Pro doesn't have those two. The new G6 Blue doesn't have them either anymore.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many turned down or didn't use at all the cyan and lime green channels because they thought it didn't look right. The G5 Pro doesn't have those two. The new G6 Blue doesn't have them either anymore.
I guess I'm in the minority, as I actually like having a bit of cyan and lime channels during peak hours.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds vague. Please explain.
Yes, it was intentionally vague and intended to be poking fun at Ecotech making extraordinary claims about the coverage of their lights and each "new" generation being orders of magnitude better than the last. It's just like the new phone of the week. Not saying that Ecotech is alone in this type of marketing.

Nonya

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it was intentionally vague and intended to be poking fun at Ecotech making extraordinary claims about the coverage of their lights and each "new" generation being orders of magnitude better than the last. It's just like the new phone of the week. Not saying that Ecotech is alone in this type of marketing.
Where do they make the "orders of magnitude better" claims? I've never seen that.

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where do they make the "orders of magnitude better" claims? I've never seen that.
I am simply sharing my perception of their marketing. I am not asserting citable claims. Again, just poking fun. I'll do the same thing in 9 months when they make a new baby.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 52.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.7%
Back