Ecotech Radion or Vertex Illumina

Illumina or Radion

  • Radion

    Votes: 25 78.1%
  • Illumina

    Votes: 7 21.9%

  • Total voters
    32
Well looks like I'm torn between a radion and an ATI 6 bulb fixture. The illumina is out.


While I am sold on my Radion, I still have my ATI 6 x 24 watt fixture and I have no plans to sell it. It was my first try with T5's and I'm glad I went with one of the best.
I won't miss buying new bulbs every 9-10 months.
 
While I am sold on my Radion, I still have my ATI 6 x 24 watt fixture and I have no plans to sell it. It was my first try with T5's and I'm glad I went with one of the best.
I won't miss buying new bulbs every 9-10 months.

I'm really torn. I've had great growth with everything under T5's. My reef is much less mixed than it used to be. I really only have SPS and zoas. I have some LPS but much less than I used to. And no chalices unfortunately.
 
I bought (2) radions not impressed. I think they are too over hyped, I preferred my AI Sols much better, easier to dial in to your preference and to setup timers. With the radions you need a computer and feel like they are too much work to setup and fine tune to your liking. Just my opinion!!
 
Got a radion xr30w at Christmas and I love it, has insane color quality in its lights which brings out colors that I didn't even know my corals had, a red and blue chalice I can now see yellowey green in it. Plus the fact that the blues get less and less dim from the time they turn on to the time the white go on little by little untill their full blast is awesome the lights slowly turn off and on which adds a cool effect to the tank. love my Radion
 
i have 2 radions on my 90g and both recently failed due to fan failure and overheating both unit and shutting it down. the odd thing is both failed in a span of a week from each other for the same problem, exhaust fan failed. IMO, the fan should be drawing air out of the unit instead of into the unit. resulting in salt creep inside the unit itself as i can see some just above the fan unit when looking inside. i am glad both are still under warranty.
 
i have 2 radions on my 90g and both recently failed due to fan failure and overheating both unit and shutting it down. the odd thing is both failed in a span of a week from each other for the same problem, exhaust fan failed. IMO, the fan should be drawing air out of the unit instead of into the unit. resulting in salt creep inside the unit itself as i can see some just above the fan unit when looking inside. i am glad both are still under warranty.

Good info, thank you for sharing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new