Ecotech Radion program on Mac. Beginning reefer help please!

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I’m new to reefing and I bought a used tank that came with radion xr30 lights. I’ve just left the previous owners settings while I figure everything out. So, I’m now finally ready to adjust the lights but I can’t seem to get the Ecotech live download manager to work on my Macintosh laptop. It’s giving me java script error version errors and I’ve spent the evening trying to figure out without success. Seems like the Mac operating system is too new.

So, is there another way to program the lights? I’ve got an Apex but don’t have the WXM module and I’m not even sure if that would work with the lights. I’d rather not get reeflink since I already have a controller.

Does anyone have ideas? If I borrow a friends PC will this likely alleviate the issue? I just want to change the times the lights turn on and off.

OP
OP
T

The Coug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not on Mac. I eventually tried on a second Mac but still couldn’t get it to work. EcoTech responded to my questions with some instructions about using older versions of java script but even following those it wouldn’t load.

So, I ended up borrowing a friends windows laptop and it worked without issue.

PetitReef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got the same problem with my mac to connect my old Gen3 radion.

no success, even after spending hours to install and reinstall java, java 6, modify code and no succes.

ecotech need to repackage their software for mac with other than an installAnywhere software version dated from 2012.

at least one that is compatible with the last java version if we need to install it and not only with java 6 that is very difficult to run on new Mac.

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process: EcoSmartLiveConnectionManagerSetup [1220]
Path: /private/var/folders/*/EcoSmartLiveConnectionManagerSetup.app/Contents/MacOS/EcoSmartLiveConnectionManagerSetup
Identifier: iainstall.57d3c12e-1f0b-11b2-a873-db51805b7803
Version: InstallAnywhere 2012 Installer (14.0)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [1]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2022-08-28 23:17:12.1315 +0200
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1 (21D62)
Report Version: 12
Bridge OS Version: 3.0 (14Y910)
Anonymous UUID: B4C12008-2273-BBEC-281B-A5A8F5248272

Sleep/Wake UUID: 3A4E3C7B-A71C-46DE-90DC-4F9971DA52EE

Time Awake Since Boot: 1300 seconds
Time Since Wake: 245 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: Namespace DYLD, Code 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Versions/A/JavaApplicationLauncher
Referenced from: /private/var/folders/*/EcoSmartLiveConnectionManagerSetup.app/Contents/MacOS/EcoSmartLiveConnectionManagerSetup
Reason: tried: '/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Versions/A/JavaApplicationLauncher' (no such file), '/Library/Frameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Versions/A/JavaApplicationLauncher' (no such file), '/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaApplicationLauncher.framework/Versions/A/JavaApplicationLauncher' (no such file)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back