Ecotech Vectra M2 issue

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
Today my ecotech vectra seems to have an issue..came home today and it was off. Tried to turn it back on, and it quickly went out.
I swapped power supplies with one of my mp40 and it started working. Then a couple minutes
later it power cycled. I tried hard resetting, and the issue was consistent. However, whenever I reduced the power to about 70%, while using the mp40 power supply, it seems to be functioning. Coincidently, ecotech support was closed. I’ll attach a video.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just went through a episode with a ecotech mp 40 and was very pleased with the outcome of their customer service . I’d see what they have to say before anything else . You may have to send it to them to fix is it under warranty ? you would have to get a alternative spare during the time it takes . Or they might be able to guide you over the phone as to how to fix or at least know what’s wrong .

OP
OP
M

Mystikal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..called ecotech and they advised to remove and clean… cleaned everything up and it still doesn’t function properly….only working at 70%…I think the impeller is stuck.

Potential

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I experienced the same problem with the m2 red/ green on controller looks like a bad impeller which no one sells called ecotech for one no you have to send in the unit for repair at my expense, $ 25 shipping to them and what ever the cost of repair and return shipping. Repair work will take longer because they're short staffed

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back