Ecotech Vectra M2 question

MillsReef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2019
Messages
46
Reaction score
78
Location
Harrisonville
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Waterbox 170.4/5 on the way, and it has a 1" ID return hose. I purchased the Ecotech Vectra M2 as a return pump for it, and I was wondering, how did you guys plumb your Vectras? I want to make sure I did it right. Lol! Pictures would be extremely helpful!
 
Just put a barbed end on it, connect a hose and run it. I run 2 and both go through a hose to the hard plumbing.
 
I always run soft tubing through a barb fitting right at the output of the pump to eliminate potential noise issue.
 
I have an L1 on my tank and I ran it from a barb fitting through a short (2"-3") piece of tubing & into my hard pipe via another barb.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new