Ed's 195 LeeMar Build

heres a shot of my rock build..

999e642a.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dang.. nice tank, did you have to drive down south to get it? I just upgraded to a leemar tank and had to empty it do to a small chip with a hairline crack in it, leemar is gonna replace it for me I just gotta drive it down there closest pick up point...
 
Yeah, i drove to LA to pick it up. so far so good.. this is my first large glass tank. So, im kinda nervous about it. I have heard horror stories about it. Leemar had been good and stand for their quality, im hoping nothing bad happens to this one.
 
Prob the cleanest underside of a tank I have ever seen!! I will strive to have mine look as good as urs!!
 
Thanks litenyaup! from previous tank, the wirings were my biggest issue, no matter how clean try to make it. It gets messy after a while. Atleast with the wire duct, i could add or removed wires and maintain the same look.

hey are you a fire fighter?? my brother in law is an LA fire fighter. i got enormous respect for them.
 
just got my Apex online last night.. added a Netgear gaming adapter and followed the apex set up.

This will come in handy when I'm away from home.

6b319d57.jpg

6334502d.jpg

89412275.jpg
 
With a toddler at home and me being away. I added a door latch and magnetic switch on each side of the door. This serves two purpose, first to turn on the Sump light automaticly when i open the door. Second, if by any chance my son gets the door to open (without any supervision), i could have my controller email me.
88f831d0.jpg

228b1785.jpg

ebb0e478.jpg
 
What's up Ed !

Great to see one of the cleanest tank builds on R2R. I'm almost ready for a water test on the big tank, I took apart my manifold and going a different route (2 returns into seaswirls). Let me know when it's a good time to hookup this month for the tunzes.

You going to the Frag Swap ?

Jim
 
Last edited:
I have to say that this is proably one of the cleanest tank builds I have seen in a while, love the rock work,
 
I must say you plumbing and wiring is sich wish i could hire you to make my tank look like that.
 
M and M, thanks. sorry for late response.. been busy at work. anyway, i actually took my time on planning and executing the build. I looked at alot of other build and just copied it...

here are some updates..


Left side.. MP40es Change a couple of my Vortechs Gen two into ES version.

374983c8.jpg

Right side
b0d7cd03.jpg

Added a Neptune WXM and linked all 6 vortechs into it.
ce75fc4f.jpg
 
Skimmer at work.. along with Avast Swabbie and Davy Jones.
b3d5e420.jpg

3f1cc56c.jpg

One of the first live stocks.. i could not pass it by... 2 1/2 GoldFlake Angel.. I just hope he leaves my coral alone..
1dab86d5.jpg
 
I apologize for late response and up date, work have been killing me lately.. here are some updates.
I recently took down my Sfiligoi fixture and replaced the stock magnetic ballast with an Electronic ballast, in which i chose to use Lumatek Selectable 250 to 400 watts.
68586a64.jpg

5e7b0caf.jpg

transformers that i removed out of the fixtures.. total weight my be at least 20+ lbs.
c4da25ff.jpg

 
Here are the replacement Ballasts. Etremely happy with the selection. I was running 400watts on the stock fixture. I assumed that i would be running the same wattage after the swap. I set the ballast at 250 using Radium bulb, and to my surprise. At 250 watts, it was much brighter than the stock 400.
134e1751.jpg
 
Also added a few more hardware inside the sump area.
03086860.jpg

PM Phosban reactor using one leg from the return pump monifold.
32702c60.jpg

Also added Bubble Magus pumps, plan on some some supplements.
e7fa0b88.jpg

 
 
NOW for the corals!!I finally added some of my corals from my frag tank. Poor guys been sitting in my frag tank for a while.. lost half of my Acan colonies.
7c5a4a5f.jpg

cd821040.jpg

8e80c117.jpg

83454875.jpg

a4363e7d.jpg

daffe908.jpg

cc44fa88.jpg

2ed8ea9b.jpg

9c3b25c6.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new