• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

eggcrate overflow is cracked. .. looking for a 3d printed overflow

chicago

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,775
Reaction score
569
Location
chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... i have a large custom tank made 15 years ago.. each side overflow the total width of each side of the tank.. I will post a pic.. the overflow is two squares (rows) of egg crate that sites on top of the side of the tank.. its cracked and time to replace.. thinking I could do some type of 3d printed overflow... maybe do a few of them so i could remove, clean and replace as they get encrusted with Coraline algae ..

Tank 11 9 18.jpg MVC-089S.JPG
 
Shoot me a PM and I might be able to help you with the 3D Printing. Unfortunately most 3D printers have a pretty small bed so the largest I personally can print is 8.5". There as soon other printers out there that can go larger then that but you will have to hunt those guys down! Just a couple things to think about as you move forward.
 
Thanks. I’ll reach out to later in week. Ii think I have s plan on two or three pieces linked together. Might work Thanks.
 
I could also help you if you're still looking for someone :)
My printer is 12x12x16 (lxwxh) and i can get longer pieces if they fit diagonally and if it does't fit in one piece I could do an interlocking dealio that could be glued together later. Out of curiosity, how long is your tank?
 
Thanks... I am for sure looking for help and will get exact dim's and pics up. the tank is basically 96 long by 31 by 31. the overflow on the side are about 6 inches each.. so viewing area is 86 from the front. Tank is drywalled in.
 
Have you seen the video of the new Tidal Gardens?
Their overflows are similar & have been made removable for cleaning.
Essentially a weir on top of a U channel. Perhaps 2 pieces a side?
And a spare set for exchange @ cleaning time?
 
Mind sending me the link. Thanks. Much appreciated.
 
Their overflows are similar & have been made removable for cleaning.
Essentially a weir on top of a U channel. Perhaps 2 pieces a side?
I don't know how the OP's tank it setup under/behind the overflow, but I did something similar with my dorky little pvc weirs, where I printed a lip inside and outside the pvc, so they just pressure-fit on top and i can take them off if i ever need to. It is super convenient :P
I am also curious in the Tidal Gardens link as well :D It's always interesting to see what 'legit' people are doing (and by 'legit' I mean my tanks are absurdly jerry rigged and I envy you all with your nice setups XD)
 
that is exactly what I am looking for .// thank you..
 
So... i have a large custom tank made 15 years ago.. each side overflow the total width of each side of the tank.. I will post a pic.. the overflow is two squares (rows) of egg crate that sites on top of the side of the tank.. its cracked and time to replace.. thinking I could do some type of 3d printed overflow... maybe do a few of them so i could remove, clean and replace as they get encrusted with Coraline algae ..

I have a pretty large bed 16"x16"+ let me know if you're still looking for someone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new