Eggs over easy: What Hanna checkers do you use?

What Hanna checkers do you use?

• Copper high range (HI702)

Votes: 120 17.4%
  • Phosphate (HI713)

Votes: 149 21.6%
  • Phosphorus ULR (HI736)

Votes: 159 23.1%
  • Alkalinity ppm (HI755)

Votes: 142 20.6%
  • Calcium (HI758U)

Votes: 217 31.5%
  • Nitrite ULR (HI764)

Votes: 52 7.5%
  • Alkalinity dkh (HI772)

Votes: 390 56.6%
  • Phosphate ULR (HI774)

Votes: 285 41.4%
  • pH (HI780)

Votes: 91 13.2%
  • Nitrate low range (HI781)

Votes: 151 21.9%
  • Magnesium (HI783)

Votes: 115 16.7%
  • Ammonia (HI784)

Votes: 33 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 58 8.4%
  • None

Votes: 54 7.8%
  • High Range Nitrate (HI782)

Votes: 204 29.6%
  • Salinity Pen (HI98319)

Votes: 105 15.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Water testing is important and many reef keepers use Hanna checkers to monitor their water quality. For many of us, the benefit of seeing a number on a screen instead of trying to judge the shade of pink, green, or some other color is significant. The Hanna checkers include meters for phosphates, nitrate, ammonia, magnesium, calcium, alkalinity, and more. Some reef keepers have even use 3D printed racks to keep their Hanna checkers and the related reagents organized. However, not everyone uses these testers and some have stayed with the color strips related to manual testing while others have moved to automated testing solutions. What is your experience with the Hanna checkers? Which options do you have and which ones do your regularly use? Please share your thoughts in the discussion thread!

RobBz_HannaRack.jpg

Photo by @RobB’z Reef

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not listed, high range nitrate along with ulr phosphate, alk and high range copper for qt.
Ahh yes my nitrate is the newer HR. I'm not 100% certainly the newer magnesium checker is any more accurate then the old either. It's consistent, but don't get that warm fuzzy feeling from the readings.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Water testing is important and many reef keepers use Hanna checkers to monitor their water quality. For many of us, the benefit of seeing a number on a screen instead of trying to judge the shade of pink, green, or some other color is significant. The Hanna checkers include meters for phosphates, nitrate, ammonia, magnesium, calcium, alkalinity, and more. Some reef keepers have even use 3D printed racks to keep their Hanna checkers and the related reagents organized. However, not everyone uses these testers and some have stayed with the color strips related to manual testing while others have moved to automated testing solutions. What is your experience with the Hanna checkers? Which options do you have and which ones do your regularly use? Please share your thoughts in the discussion thread!

RobBz_HannaRack.jpg

Photo by @RobB’z Reef
I use the Hanna High Range Nitrate as well as some others listed.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with the pro test kit from BRS that included the hannah alk dkh and ulr phos. The entire kit feels pretty cost effective to keep getting the same reagent refills so I am pretty happy with it.

I ended up also getting the copper hannah later for QT because when researching medicating with copper, it seemed like it was THE ONLY copper test that would measure the appropriate range for treatment.

Cherboi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of them cause I need accurate readings, but I'm still waiting for my new fixed mag test kit HANNAH!!!

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not listed, high range nitrate plus po4, cal and mag which are not always accurate and alk

And where can I get that test kit holder!!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
another voice for the high range nitrate.

I also want to make one of those stands, but it doesn't fit on my print bed, plus want to change the embossing to match my tests.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not listed, high range nitrate plus po4, cal and mag which are not always accurate and alk

And where can I get that test kit holder!!
not sure if they are for sale anywhere, but here is a file if you or a friend has a 3d printer.

clk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as brclark82, Nitrate HR (not listed), Phos ULR, Alk dKH.

bud_rick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use it for phosphate and high range nitrate. All the people using it for alk are crazy in my opinion. I have done tests back to back and got totally different results from the same reagent. I have also compared different batches of reagent and those results were completely different also.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back