El Kae's Bonsai Lagoon 50

JAZZYJEFF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. I have a problem with changing up aquascapes. But finally have created something that doesn't make my eye twitch every time I look at it lol. This one will stay for a while. ;Dead

Full tank update soon...

Looks amazing bro! Can I ask you a few questions about your husbandry:

1. How many hrs is your fuge light on.

2. Do you soley rely on cheato as your P04 and N03 export

3. How many water changes do you conduct in a month and to what percentage volume??

Keep up the updates, this reef is fire!

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing bro! Can I ask you a few questions about your husbandry:

1. How many hrs is your fuge light on.

2. Do you soley rely on cheato as your P04 and N03 export

3. How many water changes do you conduct in a month and to what percentage volume??

Keep up the updates, this reef is fire!

Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the compliment. Recently I removed the fuge from my system and replaced with 3 export bricks from Brightwell. Didn't like the side effect of coraline growing in other parts of the sump. I run a sponge to remove particulates and that's changed out every couple weeks. Only other filtration is the skimmer. I do a 10 gallon waterchange every couple weeks. Atleast once a month, sometimes twice.

JAZZYJEFF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the compliment. Recently I removed the fuge from my system and replaced with 3 export bricks from Brightwell. Didn't like the side effect of coraline growing in other parts of the sump. I run a sponge to remove particulates and that's changed out every couple weeks. Only other filtration is the skimmer. I do a 10 gallon waterchange every couple weeks. Atleast once a month, sometimes twice.
Brilliant information, I feel you with the coraline in the sump . Might have a look into the bio blocks. Thank you for the response:)

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PIC INTENSE UPDATE:

Finally pulled out the DSLR x macro lens for some close ups.

IMG_4503.jpg IMG_4504.jpg IMG_4505.jpg IMG_4507.jpg IMG_4508.jpg IMG_4509.jpg IMG_4510.jpg IMG_4511.jpg IMG_4512.jpg IMG_4513.jpg IMG_4515.jpg IMG_4516.jpg IMG_4517.jpg IMG_4519.jpg IMG_4520.jpg IMG_4522.jpg IMG_4523.jpg IMG_4524.jpg IMG_4527.jpg IMG_4528.jpg

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. I have a problem with changing up aquascapes. But finally have created something that doesn't make my eye twitch every time I look at it lol. This one will stay for a while. ;Dead

Full tank update soon...

Stunning! You have a good eye for beauty and really know how to take care of your animals. Keep these videos coming!

Chad

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning! You have a good eye for beauty and really know how to take care of your animals. Keep these videos coming!

Chad

Thanks Chad! I feel that if I Can create the platform to allow the inhabitants to grow and show their full beauty, it keeps me motivated to stay on top of the care and maintenance of that system. It's definitely a challenge but well worth it when I see corals open and coloring up, and fish swimming around and feeding eagerly.

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A quick FTS. Made a couple of flat pieces out of emarco to go on the bottom. Time for some encrusters. This will make it easy to remove instead of having stuf grow directly on the bottom of the tank. 1215B3ED-EC16-4172-B54B-985F5206B068.jpeg

TeotheCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello El Kae.

You have an amazing setup. I love keeping up with the progress of your tank. I was wondering where can one get such nice Tonga branches now days. I really think Tonga is the way to go in order to have a platform that allows dense placement of SPS as you’ve shown I. Both of your tanks.

Thanks
Teo

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello El Kae.

You have an amazing setup. I love keeping up with the progress of your tank. I was wondering where can one get such nice Tonga branches now days. I really think Tonga is the way to go in order to have a platform that allows dense placement of SPS as you’ve shown I. Both of your tanks.

Thanks
Teo

Thanks Teo,
I've collected the pieces from various LFS around my area. Wasnt all at once. Every time I go, I scrounge through their bins lol. Definitely hard to find natural tonga with interesting branches.

TeotheCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original aquascaping (the very beginning without any corals just bare bone Tonga branches) looks different from the current one. Did you change the aquascape? There seems to be darker branches too. Did you decided to go with synthetic branches?

Teo

OP
OP
El.Kae

El.Kae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The original aquascaping (the very beginning without any corals just bare bone Tonga branches) looks different from the current one. Did you change the aquascape? There seems to be darker branches too. Did you decided to go with synthetic branches?

Teo
I changed up the scape several months ago. It's still natural rock, just covered in coraline.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 55 56.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back