OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Making good steady progress, slowly but surely.

593033f3.jpg

Now I just need to add one more 40G dose of salt water, set up the next 40G batch to mix, and head to WWC to pick up about 120 lbs of live rock

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im gonna personally hand deliver the next baller pack you get from me.. all i ask is a nice sleeping bag and a spot right next to the tank for one night.. =)

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a really sweet setup Trey. I will be waiting for updates, cant wait to see more.

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is now filled up and officially ready to rock. I've put in about 160 gallons of good ol' homemade salt water, and added 35 gallons of conditioned (gently used) water from WWC. I also picked up 84 lbs of gorgeous fully mature live rock, encrusted with coralline and covered with sponges, literally teeming with life. And I added 39 lbs of regular cured live rock, as well as 5 lbs of nostalgic live rock from my nano.

ddf10dda.jpg

The Eheim return pump is working quite well, and the Vortech MP-40 is producing some nice wave action. I'm pretty sure that I'll need to add another MP-40 somewhere down the road though.

There is a small leak coming from the return pipe connection area, which I think may be due to an old worn out clamp. I will address this first thing in the morning when Home Depot is open.

The Reef Octopus Hurricone Cat2 is up and running as well, although this beast was a little more difficult to tame than I had anticipated. The pump for this skimmer is shockingly powerful, and it managed to blow it's top off and spray
me right in the face at least three times. :sure: But now it's settled down and is pulling some quality nog.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh anticipation haha looking great the leak your having isn't a bulkhead that just needs cleaned is it?

Boostable

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wondered where the ELOS was going... Little did I know it was in my own backyard.. lol Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the progress. BTW, you should really be shopping at ACE, not that HD store.. :)

Jack

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet!Wish I lived in Florida!Id have WWC bring my tank too!Id live there,like,when they have sales,Id be the FIRST one their every morning,Id sleep at the door with a gun... :xd:

Swweet tank set up though!Lets see updates though!haha!

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, alright, alllllright! It seems as if an update is indeed long overdue. I apologize for the protracted delay, but I've been busting my wrasse at work for the last few weeks, and time has been in short supply.

After getting the tank up and running with some mature live rock from an established system, as well as some conditioned system water from WWC, everything just appeared to be progressing a little too smoothly. So I decided to shake things up a bit, and add in an Insane Tang Posse, a Magnificent FoxFace, nine blue/green Chromis, a McKosker's Flasher wrasse, male Flame wrasse, and a purple firefish. In retrospect this was a mistake. After adding in this bolus of piscine life, all was well for the first five days. Then the sizable Naso Blond Tang (who arrived with minor damage on his ventral fins from shipping) suddenly turned up dead, and apparently fouled the water up a bit. Within the next two days, all fish developed horrible manifestations of the nefarious Ich. Over the course of the next week, all seven Tangs and the magnificent FoxFace died :cry: (thank goodness for the LiveAquaria 14-day guarantee), and the wrasses, firefish, and Chromis recovered completely.
So now I'll heed the advice of the many seasoned reefers who told me to take it slow. They were right, and it is quite true that nothing good ever happens quickly in this hobby. In the meantime, I'm going to give my tank a little more time to mature, and dedicate my efforts to finding the "perfect" aquascape, and to fighting the nuisance green heir algae that sprung up shortly after the diatom bloom went away. In addition, I'll need some time to deal with the dreaded Tang Police. I'm don't know exactly who must have tipped them off, but I'm pretty sure they're watching me... :neutral:

OP
OP
D

DrTrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up, but the light doesn't match with Elos tank. You should get ATI PM or SFiLIGOI T5. Lol

Thanks. I actually have been eyeing that Sfiligoi Genesis T5/LED combo light. It looks like a high quality, powerful light, and it certainly would look nice with this Elos tank. Only drawback is that it's just a little bit on the pricey side. Maybe if I'm a good boy for the rest of the year then my wife will let me have it for Christmas

Back