ELECTRIC CURRENT COUNTDOWN INTERRUPTER.

EASTERN INDIGO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago I had a simple device. It had a spring-loaded dial on the front, and you could turn the dial to any unit up to 60 minutes. It plugged into the wall. Then I could plug my device into it and set it to (for example) 20 minutes. It immediately cut the electric and started counting down. When the dial hit zero the appliance would turn back on. THIS IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL TIMER. It does not care what time of day it is, and there is no option to set a schedule. Totally non- digital. Its only function is to temporarily cut off power and then automatically turn it back on. Every timing device I have investigated for the past year or so works on a preset schedule, i.e. you cannot just walk up to it whenever you feel like it and just set it and forget it. You must always set a time or unset a time, or whatever fiddling is necessary. There are timers that will turn on electric and then turn it off. I need the exact opposite. I crashed a very loved group of animals by forgetting to plug it back in. I realize there are pumps that do the same thing, but some of my aquariums have non-adjustable pumps. Anybody know where to get OR HOW TO BUILD such a device? Thanks.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago I had a simple device. It had a spring-loaded dial on the front, and you could turn the dial to any unit up to 60 minutes. It plugged into the wall. Then I could plug my device into it and set it to (for example) 20 minutes. It immediately cut the electric and started counting down. When the dial hit zero the appliance would turn back on. THIS IS NOT A CONVENTIONAL TIMER. It does not care what time of day it is, and there is no option to set a schedule. Totally non- digital. Its only function is to temporarily cut off power and then automatically turn it back on. Every timing device I have investigated for the past year or so works on a preset schedule, i.e. you cannot just walk up to it whenever you feel like it and just set it and forget it. You must always set a time or unset a time, or whatever fiddling is necessary. There are timers that will turn on electric and then turn it off. I need the exact opposite. I crashed a very loved group of animals by forgetting to plug it back in. I realize there are pumps that do the same thing, but some of my aquariums have non-adjustable pumps. Anybody know where to get OR HOW TO BUILD such a device? Thanks.

Is that not what you were looking for?

1625223697387.png

Switch.PNG

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure he understands basic wiring but would work.

SPDT For applications requiring 3-way switching (2 timers or timer and 3-way switch) or reverse action applications. Reverse action applications allow a load to be turned “OFF” for a limited time, after which the load will switch back “ON”.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back