OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So experiment #1 failed. 48 hour quarantine soak with 24 hour clean water soak failed. 3 days after being back in DT the BCP are opening back up.

So, this time I think I will try to remove all my inverts and corals that I think will die when I treat the DT directly.

The only things I removed from my tank were snails and large brittle stars. I don't even think it was necessary for the brittle stars because I seem to have some large ones in my refugium I was unaware of and found after the treatment that made it through without any issues. Only the corals I expected to be affected were. All the BCP, GSP and Xenia died. (I removed all the GSP and Xenia I could, what was left behind died). Other than that I did not lose any coral , fish, inverts as a result of treatment.

Antlrman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only things I removed from my tank were snails and large brittle stars. I don't even think it was necessary for the brittle stars because I seem to have some large ones in my refugium I was unaware of and found after the treatment that made it through without any issues. Only the corals I expected to be affected were. All the BCP, GSP and Xenia died. (I removed all the GSP and Xenia I could, what was left behind died). Other than that I did not lose any coral , fish, inverts as a result of treatment.
Thanks, that is good news then. I am hoping not to lose my shrimp or hermit crabs. Snails I will remove then.

cincyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Peanut Did you have any type of algae outbreak after treatment? I've had a pretty decent one I'm trying to get control of, since the treatment, which I did kind of expect with die off in the tank.

Westley Decastro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after almost 2 months and over 4 water changes and running carbon my snails are slowly dieing any advice

NU2REEFIN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
486B11FF-F67A-461D-814F-BE1FB1355C26.jpeg
Alright I started the treatment today for Brown Clove Polyps with the help of Peanut selling me a pack of Fenbendazole. Here is a pic of my tank before treating.
I will post pics of the BCP as it progresses.
Wish me luck!!!!!!

NU2REEFIN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A74423F0-DDF1-4D4E-B5AD-E52322D3A161.jpeg
And my pink lemonade that they are getting close to touching, let’s see how it looks in a few days.

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
486B11FF-F67A-461D-814F-BE1FB1355C26.jpeg
Alright I started the treatment today for Brown Clove Polyps with the help of Peanut selling me a pack of Fenbendazole. Here is a pic of my tank before treating.
I will post pics of the BCP as it progresses.
Wish me luck!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

menglish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am afraid i have to make the same decision. I have been dealing with some BCP in my tank. I ve tried killing them with kalk paste, but that is not working.
I have to take the plunge, but i am very hesitant, but i need to do it.
I have seen and read many different things on this thread and would like to get one concise direction. I have GSP that i will have to move. If understand correctly, my leather, anenome and snails will be fine.
Here is what i am dealing with

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

cincyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am afraid i have to make the same decision. I have been dealing with some BCP in my tank. I ve tried killing them with kalk paste, but that is not working.
I have seen and read many different things on this thread and would like to get one concise direction. I have GSP that i will have to move. If understand correctly, my leather, anenome and snails will be fine.

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

Your leather will not make it from everything I read. I lost all my snails too, slowly. I've even tried to add some back since the treatment, and they still end up dying slowly. I think someone else had snails dying after treatment too. My anemones weren't happy, but they're alive and well still. I've changed 20 gallons so far since my treatment, and my tank has about 25 gallons of total water volume fwiw.

I have some superman mushrooms that haven't been right since treatment either. I haven't seen or read of anyone else having an issue with mushrooms though.

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_7339.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

remove the leather and snails for sure. if you have somewhere to put the anemone, do it, better safe than sorry.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back