EMERGENCY - Bacteria bloom in ESTABLISHED tank

leilanastasia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2021
Messages
89
Reaction score
110
Location
Anchorage
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what happened but I did a water change yesterday on my tank, I removed one of my longtime live rocks for a couple smaller rocks to give my fish more room to swim etc. how in the world do I fix this. My tank is 10 months old. One of my fish died overnight and I had just done one more water change as my other fish is breathing very heavily/gasping. This is so scary :”(

the bacteria bloom is super cloudy. Please hit me with your suggestions/fixes.
 
Get a lot of surface agitation, and try to get a hold of a cheap UV sterilizer like a green killing machine (those are actually pretty decent). Did anything noticeable die before hand?
 
I don’t know what happened but I did a water change yesterday on my tank, I removed one of my longtime live rocks for a couple smaller rocks to give my fish more room to swim etc. how in the world do I fix this. My tank is 10 months old. One of my fish died overnight and I had just done one more water change as my other fish is breathing very heavily/gasping. This is so scary :”(

the bacteria bloom is super cloudy. Please hit me with your suggestions/fixes.

1. Air stone
2. Depending on the size of your tank get a UV sterilizer of the green killing machine variety.
3. Try not to disturb anything major for a while.
 
Get a lot of surface agitation, and try to get a hold of a cheap UV sterilizer like a green killing machine (those are actually pretty decent). Did anything noticeable die before hand?
Thank you! I actually surprisingly have one on hand I haven’t set up
 
1. Air stone
2. Depending on the size of your tank get a UV sterilizer of the green killing machine variety.
3. Try not to disturb anything major for a while.
How come an air stone?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new