EMERGENCY - Bacteria bloom in ESTABLISHED tank

leilanastasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what happened but I did a water change yesterday on my tank, I removed one of my longtime live rocks for a couple smaller rocks to give my fish more room to swim etc. how in the world do I fix this. My tank is 10 months old. One of my fish died overnight and I had just done one more water change as my other fish is breathing very heavily/gasping. This is so scary :”(

the bacteria bloom is super cloudy. Please hit me with your suggestions/fixes.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a lot of surface agitation, and try to get a hold of a cheap UV sterilizer like a green killing machine (those are actually pretty decent). Did anything noticeable die before hand?

atul176

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know what happened but I did a water change yesterday on my tank, I removed one of my longtime live rocks for a couple smaller rocks to give my fish more room to swim etc. how in the world do I fix this. My tank is 10 months old. One of my fish died overnight and I had just done one more water change as my other fish is breathing very heavily/gasping. This is so scary :”(

the bacteria bloom is super cloudy. Please hit me with your suggestions/fixes.

1. Air stone
2. Depending on the size of your tank get a UV sterilizer of the green killing machine variety.
3. Try not to disturb anything major for a while.

OP
OP
leilanastasia

leilanastasia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a lot of surface agitation, and try to get a hold of a cheap UV sterilizer like a green killing machine (those are actually pretty decent). Did anything noticeable die before hand?
Thank you! I actually surprisingly have one on hand I haven’t set up

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back