Awsome I'll put you guys down for them!

Last edited:

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought you'd like to see this. Today my torch took a biiiig poop. He feels much better now hahaha!

image.jpeg

Jongalt26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my main display i have a large frogspawn a small frogspawn and two torch corals (small metallic green and large brown) My DT is currently fallow (2 more months) and my fish are in a hospital tank due to an ick outbreak.
I have an additional frogspawn in my QT tank. (The only other inhabitant is a couple of rocks with elephant ear / green hairy shrooms)

DT - feeding is minimal right now but i still add the following regularly
I have Fauna Marin LPS pellets that i just started using for my acans but can add to my torches / spawn.
I add zooplankton, phyto and reefroids that i spot feed but it ends up all over the tank of course
I still have to feed meaty food to my dendros and nems

QT tank - i havent added anything in weeks

DT: Reefbreeders LED Lights, 420 calc, 9.5 alk, 1310 mag, 4 nitrates, undetectable phosphates
QT: T-5 lights and i have no idea what the numbers are at this time but i mixed the water with reef crystals.

Let me know if i can help with the study at all.

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my main display i have a large frogspawn a small frogspawn and two torch corals (small metallic green and large brown) My DT is currently fallow (2 more months) and my fish are in a hospital tank due to an ick outbreak.
I have an additional frogspawn in my QT tank. (The only other inhabitant is a couple of rocks with elephant ear / green hairy shrooms)

DT - feeding is minimal right now but i still add the following regularly
I have Fauna Marin LPS pellets that i just started using for my acans but can add to my torches / spawn.
I add zooplankton, phyto and reefroids that i spot feed but it ends up all over the tank of course
I still have to feed meaty food to my dendros and nems

QT tank - i havent added anything in weeks

DT: Reefbreeders LED Lights, 420 calc, 9.5 alk, 1310 mag, 4 nitrates, undetectable phosphates
QT: T-5 lights and i have no idea what the numbers are at this time but i mixed the water with reef crystals.

Let me know if i can help with the study at all.

Absolutely you can help! Thank you I'll put your name down in the first post tommorow

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Triggreef what euphyillia would you like to test and what lighting?

Probably this hammer started with 2 heads, now there's 3 after fragging 6 other heads off it. Had it a year or so. Lighting is reef breeder photon32 and 6 bulb 24" t5 's. same lighting in other side of tank but i doubt there's any benefit since it's all the way on one side of the tank. No spot feeding but my tank is high nutrients with a ton of fish.

1469641703912609374740.jpg

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frag from it in another tank but the lighting is much lower so I'm sure it won't grow as fast. It gets much better color in this tank with just leds...

1469642666611424011332.jpg

alten78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if the scientific evidence isn't conclusive, it still sounds like a fun way to at least track some results and pay more attention to my LPS. I will admit that I spend more time checking over SPS pieces but my frogspawn is still one of my favorite corals.

I typically don't target feed but have so I would be interested in jumping onboard to target feed my frogspawn. T5 lighting (just switched from T5/MH)

OP
OP
Tanked_Life

Tanked_Life

Brain Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry guys/gals I've been on vacation but Are we Ready to kick this thing off!?

PayneOrtlieb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Euphyllia in my tank and I was feeding my fish frozen shrimp at the time. I noticed a frozen shrimp get caught up in the Euphyllia and the Euphyllia ate it over the coarse of a day and a half. It has been a week since this occurred and I am on this thread now because since it ate the shrimp it has been smaller in that section and the strands are retracted and short. Is it still digesting the shrimp? What is going on?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 90 80.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back