Evaporation? or...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Goodgreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've started dosing Core 7. I cut holes in the top of the bottles and dose directly out of them with a doser. I've noticed that 3 of the bottles are about 1/2 gone while the 3a bottle is 1/4 or less left. The hole in top on this bottle is bigger. Is this prone to extra evaporation? I've checked my dosing calibration and it is all on point. Also, my calcium is around 390, my alk is at 7.9-8.0, and my Mag is around 1350.

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they should not evaporate as such. Have you checked that there is no precipitate at the bottom of the bottle for 3a as if they have got too cold and some point then it could have dropped out of solution..

OP
OP
Goodgreef

Goodgreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they should not evaporate as such. Have you checked that there is no precipitate at the bottom of the bottle for 3a as if they have got too cold and some point then it could have dropped out of solution..

There is a little bit of flaking at the bottom but nothing too much. I guess I should say the bottle weighs much less than the others too. So somehow it is either being dosed faster or is disappearing somewhere. I guess I didn't check the comparative weight and level in the bottles before I started dosing it so its possible the 3a bottle wasn't fully filled at production end. I'll order some new and see if it continues.

OP
OP
Goodgreef

Goodgreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a little bit of flaking at the bottom but nothing too much. I guess I should say the bottle weighs much less than the others too. So somehow it is either being dosed faster or is disappearing somewhere. I guess I didn't check the comparative weight and level in the bottles before I started dosing it so its possible the 3a bottle wasn't fully filled at production end. I'll order some new and see if it continues.

Or maybe not. Can't find anywhere to buy any in stock and this 3a will be gone in a week or so, 2 weeks for the others.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back