Everything comes alive at night!

  • Thread starter Thread starter AW2EOD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AW2EOD

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2024
Messages
69
Reaction score
55
Location
Central Illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
300gal pond that's been going for a while. I battled hair algea and then cyano (a little bit of both still in the pond) and now bubble algea, but I got new fish (Foxface, Powder Blue Tang) and have been constantly checking on everyone.

Last night, I snuck out to check on things and put my phone flashlight over the water and was pleasantly surprised to see these tiny bristle worms and THOUSANDS of copepods show up for the light.

I know the Bristle Worms aren't the greatest but I have plenty of fish to eat them but it was still very cool to see them attracted to the light.
 

Attachments

  • VID_20250808_185213.mp4
    9.6 MB
  • VID_20250808_185208.mp4
    7.3 MB

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new