EWW Refuge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so... I don't think my refugium should look like:
IMG_0309.JPG

What should I do pull this out? pull most of it out?

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can remove some if the flow is being restricted, however some “fermentation” is normal and part of th life cycle.

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like something has gone horribly wrong since I started Triton. I was switching from Red Sea stuff. so My sump looks like that and my display looks really rough as well with algae. My last ICP looked good except for AL which I thought was due to Marine Pure, so I pulled them out and I'm doing my water changes 15% each week for 6 weeks (I've done 3 of those so far). I'll get some home test numbers and more pictures in the thread this evening.

Attachments

• icp.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 132
OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pictures of the algae that's growing in the display, bear in mind I'm 4 weeks into the switch and most of that time has been dosing nothing really because my Alk has to come down from the Red Sea Target to the Triton Target.

IMG_0311.JPG
IMG_0312.JPG
IMG_0313.JPG

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we lost a Maxima Clam :(

Tonight readings where:

Salinity: 35.1 (Apex, 36 refractometer)
Temp: 79.5
PH: 8.3 (Apex, 8.2 Red Sea Test)
Alk: 8.3 (Hanna)
Nitrates: 17PPM (Red Sea between 10 and 20 closer to 20)
Phosphate: 0.08ppm (Hanna Phosphorous)
Magnesium: 1350ppm (Salifert)
Calcium: 430 ppm (Red Sea)

Phosphates are high, what is the right course of action here on Triton? I have some GFO. I have NoPox. I can order whatever.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like something has gone horribly wrong since I started Triton. I was switching from Red Sea stuff. so My sump looks like that and my display looks really rough as well with algae. My last ICP looked good except for AL which I thought was due to Marine Pure, so I pulled them out and I'm doing my water changes 15% each week for 6 weeks (I've done 3 of those so far). I'll get some home test numbers and more pictures in the thread this evening.
Wow your the second one that I have heard that pulled Marine Pur from the tank after Triton said too much AL.
I had the same thing and did the same
But my fuge doesn't look like that I pull every week

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow your the second one that I have heard that pulled Marine Pur from the tank after Triton said too much AL.
I had the same thing and did the same
But my fuge doesn't look like that I pull every week

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulled out the clam after died yesterday evening, pulled every snail to look for dead ones this morning, and I got phosfiltrum in a small reactor. We're down from PO4 of 0.08 to 0.05 still more work todo

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I changed to a different sump built for Triton style, but the big kicker was getting a H380 light. It made it grow like crazy, and it immediately kicked my refugium into overdrive.

Whipples

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't even have a "triton" sump, just a trigger 34, and with an H380 over my refugium and full triton method, I end up removing a 5 gallon bucket of chaeto every 3-4 weeks! it gets do dense that the chaeto comes up in a perfect block shape.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back