Ewww look at this filter!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say it’s safe to say it was time to change my RODI filters. I’ve been running it since 2022 and this is the first time I changed my membrane and carbon block. The other ones I haven’t changed and to be fair it’s because my TDS is 0 and I do flush it although most of the time I don’t or I forget lol. It’s amazing how fast it is again. My pressure shot right back up to above 80 compared to around 20 meaning the water was being made so slowly. And I got the replacement filters close to a year ago I just never changed them until now lol.
IMG_5593.jpeg
IMG_5594.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would say it’s safe to say it was time to change my RODI filters. I’ve been running it since 2022 and this is the first time I changed my membrane and carbon block. The other ones I haven’t changed and to be fair it’s because my TDS is 0 and I do flush it although most of the time I don’t or I forget lol. It’s amazing how fast it is again. My pressure shot right back up to above 80 compared to around 20 meaning the water was being made so slowly. And I got the filters probably a year ago I just never changed them until now lol.
IMG_5593.jpeg
IMG_5594.jpeg
1705467923558.png
Check your TDS at each fill

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's more nasty than protien skimmer.
I thought my rodi unit was bad which is outside.
LOL! I know it looks really bad. To be clear it didn’t smell at all and rinsed right off and down the drain. The inside of RODI unit is all clean now too.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't even checked the cities tds.
I haven't had any issues so..
I also can't seem to find anything that says the tds rating
What RODI unit do you have? The BRS plus versions all have them or you can add them. You can also buy a handheld TDS meter.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it’s safe to say it was time to change my RODI filters. I’ve been running it since 2022 and this is the first time I changed my membrane and carbon block. The other ones I haven’t changed and to be fair it’s because my TDS is 0 and I do flush it although most of the time I don’t or I forget lol. It’s amazing how fast it is again. My pressure shot right back up to above 80 compared to around 20 meaning the water was being made so slowly. And I got the replacement filters close to a year ago I just never changed them until now lol.
IMG_5593.jpeg
IMG_5594.jpeg

Dang girl. I thought I tried to get my moneys worth out of my filters but you take it to the next level :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And, just think, unless you are tapped off of the RO, you’re drinking that water.
I have the same system she has. Mine's only been in use for 4 months and I was getting a tds of 7 AFTER RO/DI.
I just changed all my filters, backwashed the membrane and added 2 DI stages. We have very high mineral content here.

I drink bottled water.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back