Exact iDip Digital Water Testing

GThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for your reply, I was always worried and tried to submerse to the end of the part and it was bending on the bottom of the cell.
I’ve had some of mine that were too long and they still gave correct readings. I still double check everything

AngieRN23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you do when the calibration key consistently reads “LO”????

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you do when the calibration key consistently reads “LO”????

Hi AngieRN23, are you getting "LO" when you zero or when you press READ? If it's when you press READ, one thing I would suggest is replacing the batteries and running the test fully again. The complete instructions are below as a reference. Please let us know if this helps.

1) Replace the batteries in the meter with new high quality alkaline batteries.
2) Clean cell thoroughly with distilled water (city tap water is ok too) and cleaning brush
3) Re-run test:
a) Select Calibration Key from test menu
b) Rinse the cell 3 times with clean water (distilled or purified water preferred)
c) FILL cell to the top with clean water (distilled or purified water preferred)
d) Zero the meter
e) Place the Acrylic Calibration Key into the water sample in the center of the CELL.
f) Press READ
g) Result is displayed on the eXact iDip® and in the app. Record value. Expect the result to be within 0.15 units from previous calibration.

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys, I got my tank up and running and now I want to start testing water parameters and I have invested in iDip sometime back and I am planning to get refill kit for strips for Cacium, Alk, Nitrate, Phosphate from exact iDip, Just want to get feedback for exact idip, I bought this sometime back and I am sure there have been improvements made to this product.. please advise!

For future users, we have refill boxes that come with 1 bottle each of: - Total Alkalinity 570 (100 tests). - Calcium Hardness UH (50 tests). - pH-BT (50 tests). - Total Hardness UH (50 tests). - Nitrate (50 tests). - Ammonia (25 tests). - Phosphate (50 tests). Link here: https://sensafe.com/exact-idip-570-marine-refill-box/

eXact iDip®

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, thank you again for all of your support. I wanted to let everyone here know that our company will be hosting an iPad giveaway at Reef-A-Palooza California and a seperate iPad giveaway at MACNA. Perfect for pairing with your eXact iDip® 570 and sharing pictures of your tank! Make sure to stop by our booth to sign up (813 RAP, 912 MACNA). More information on this thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/f...s-of-the-exact-idip®-at-rap-and-macna.638284/

We will also have show specials, and if you have any questions about your iDip, please feel free to stop by. We look forward to meeting everyone!

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
g) Result is displayed on the eXact iDip® and in the app. Record value. Expect the result to be within 0.15 units from previous calibration.
Thanks for the detailed writeup. I think I am missing something re this "calibration" method. Typically, a calibration means you bring the device back to factory settings so that it reads things properly (for example, when you calibrate a ph pen, you adjust it until it reads the correct value for a reference solution). In this case though it is not clear to me how to do this. For example, If the result is not within 0.15 units, then what do you do? Is there a way to actually bring the reading back to within 0.15 units of the original calibration? If there isn't, then what you are calling "calibration" seems to be a device verification mechanism in reality. Namely, if the "calibration" is more than 0.15 units from the last try, then the device is faulty, so throw it away. If I got this wrong, I'd appreciate it if you can please correct me and explain what is actually happening.

prdubois

Check out my 225gal: https://www.reef2reef.com/th
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compared to the Hannas and the results were the same. I received the new Idip and testing supplies about 4 months ago.

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Compared to the Hannas and the results were the same. I received the new Idip and testing supplies about 4 months ago.
mine is not newer version, not sure if anything has been changed but I stopped using this due to result way off when I compared to Hanna and RedSea pro

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine is not newer version, not sure if anything has been changed but I stopped using this due to result way off when I compared to Hanna and RedSea pro
Same here. I even tried to use it for my freshwater tanks to measure hardness etc. and ordered reagents for that. It never worked. Couldn’t even get consistent results let alone those that agreed with other tests. I’d say overall it was a very disappointing product.

prdubois

Check out my 225gal: https://www.reef2reef.com/th
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 1st one at MACNA in 2015. They had just started to do Marine and if you bought one at the show they had to ship you the Cal strips. Some of the tests were not accurate and some were always "Lo". So After a while I went back to the hannas.

About 6months ago I read they had improved the software so I figured I would take it out and try it again.
Test strips were all out of date but I just wanted to see if they would read now before I bought new.
I put in new batteries and reloaded the software on my phone,
When I tested it would give me an error when trying to send the results.

I called in to see what the error was and told them the story above about how it was one of the 1st and how it never really worked right.
She had me look to see if there was light coming from the testing cell where the water goes and there was not.

She had me mail it in to them and they shipped me a new tester and all new testing supplies for free.
When I got the new one it works great. and matches the Hanna results.

AngieRN23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FRUSTRATED! I keep getting an ER2 message now and can't get the meter to read! I see that it means that the app and the unit isn't talking... I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it -- it acknowledges the machine, I can pick a test I want to run, I get the countdown and as soon as the result is to post I get the ER2! HELP! Wasted a ton of strips on this dang thing again! So expensive to keep maintained and now I have this issue!!!!!!!!

nosmok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FRUSTRATED! I keep getting an ER2 message now and can't get the meter to read! I see that it means that the app and the unit isn't talking... I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it -- it acknowledges the machine, I can pick a test I want to run, I get the countdown and as soon as the result is to post I get the ER2! HELP! Wasted a ton of strips on this dang thing again! So expensive to keep maintained and now I have this issue!!!!!!!!
Try new batteries?

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try new batteries?
Also make sure that your phone does not go to sleep where you’d have to unlock the phone. When I had mine, for longer counts, my phone would go to sleep and I’d get that error. I found the whole system so buggy and unreliable that I actually got rid of it.

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try new batteries?
Also make sure that your phone does not go to sleep where you’d have to unlock the phone. When I had mine, for longer counts, my phone would go to sleep and I’d get that error. I found the whole system so buggy and unreliable that I actually got rid of it.

AngieRN

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes changed the batteries twice thinking that was the issue. :(

Cliff717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I haven’t dug mine out of storage in years. I was totally sick of getting an accurate measurements with it. How are they making out with these have they fixed any of the many bugs that made them so in accurate?

Back