Experience with Divers Den OSSF? (Orange Spotted File Fish)

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I'm really set on getting a pair of OSSF from Divers Den since they're trained for about 4 weeks in QT at LiveAquaria and I've heard other people have the most success with them from Divers Den as well, and had some questions as well. 1. I'm planning on housing them in a 50g Macro Algae / Gorg system. Stocking I'm set one are:
4-6 Longspine Cardinals
1 small peaceful fish (undecided, maybe a small wrasse like a Possume or Pink Streak)
NPS Gorgs
A Mushroom, an Acan, a Candycane
A small group of Pedersons Cleaner Shrimp
and some other small inverts.

Would this be ok?
2. Would they be fine on a prepared food diet without any Acros / Millis in the tank?
3. How long have you had yours / your pair?

Thank you in advance

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, how are things going

My first question is about the training. What are you referencing? I am going to guess aptasia. I would say no matter what function they are said they can, it may change once it hits your tank. If LA is guaranteeing something I don’t see a down side. 2 years ago I purchased a male matted for aptasia from DD with no guarantee. It took a few week but he got going and did his job. He has been a favor fish ever since.

I would always try to be an animal that has a pur in it environment, but also one I want. So if it is a fish you like and should do what you need I say try it

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! So I'm really set on getting a pair of OSSF from Divers Den since they're trained for about 4 weeks in QT at LiveAquaria and I've heard other people have the most success with them from Divers Den as well, and had some questions as well. 1. I'm planning on housing them in a 50g Macro Algae / Gorg system. Stocking I'm set one are:
4-6 Longspine Cardinals
1 small peaceful fish (undecided, maybe a small wrasse like a Possume or Pink Streak)
NPS Gorgs
A Mushroom, an Acan, a Candycane
A small group of Pedersons Cleaner Shrimp
and some other small inverts.

Would this be ok?
2. Would they be fine on a prepared food diet without any Acros / Millis in the tank?
3. How long have you had yours / your pair?

Thank you in advance
got my pair from Diver den back in March. Both did great until I lost the female in September. I travel for work but my son feeds the fish in my absence. i do recommend you purchase vitalis marine grazer and easy reef mass tick. They love it. I buy the easy masstick and stick it on the glass. He eats it all day. keep in mind they will eat corals and nip at clams :( other than that coolest fishing ever

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got my pair from Diver den back in March. Both did great until I lost the female in September. I travel for work but my son feeds the fish in my absence. i do recommend you purchase vitalis marine grazer and easy reef mass tick. They love it. I buy the easy masstick and stick it on the glass. He eats it all day. keep in mind they will eat corals and nip at clams :( other than that coolest fishing ever

Thank you! Nice to here from someone with experience, my condolences about your female. I have seen that they may pick at gorgs at fiirst, but not enough to damage them so i'm hoping I get lucky.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! Nice to here from someone with experience, my condolences about your female. I have seen that they may pick at gorgs at fiirst, but not enough to damage them so i'm hoping I get lucky.
havent seen them mess with the gorgonians but clams, LPS are on the menu for mines

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back