Experience with domino damsel

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a baby domino damsel in a 75 gallon, was so shy at first and hid everywhere, now is out and about and has cool personality. Does anyone else have experience with this fish?

LardLad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Auriventris. Sorry for spelling
kupangyellowbelldamsel.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are pretty, actually like clownfish will host and bond with anemones but also has been my WORST nightmare damset. They can be Very Territorial

ThRoewer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As juveniles, they are totally cute and hang out near and even in anemones like anemonefish.
As adults they get large and mean. I had a fully grown trio I got as a packaged deal with some other things. I kept them in a 1000 liter tank I used for live rock storage and you couldn't put a hand in there without getting viciously attacked. If sharks were pound for pound as aggressive as these little fish you couldn't put a toe into the ocean without getting it bitten off.

OP
OP
HildebrandRarity

HildebrandRarity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As juveniles, they are totally cute and hang out near and even in anemones like anemonefish.
As adults they get large and mean. I had a fully grown trio I got as a packaged deal with some other things. I kept them in a 1000 liter tank I used for live rock storage and you couldn't put a hand in there without getting viciously attacked. If sharks were pound for pound as aggressive as these little fish you couldn't put a toe into the ocean without getting it bitten off.
Thanks for your reply, was thinking Mayby to keep him with a dwarf angelfish and some larger semi aggressive fish

PilotOfSubmarines

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I bought a pair about 3 months ago. One of them got MUCH larger than the other. The larger one basically "controls" 2/3 of the tank and allows the other the remaining 1/3. Sometimes the smaller one will cross the line and eventually get chased back out...never any real violence.

I have (3) 3-striped damsels, (2) yellow tail damsels, (2) domino damsels and they all more or less get along...if they get aggravated with each other its always territorial in nature and they just chase each other around.
They are fairly active and the big one is especially fun to watch

This is in a 220 gallon tank, I wouldn't attempt having this many in a smaller tank...

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept several over the years and they get meaner as they age, cool fish thou.

FB_IMG_1590446546929.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back