OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be speaking to Chris this Friday and am very excited to hear what he has to say, thank you all for your comments I really appreciate your time. My only worry now is that the dimensions I'm looking for (120x36x24 - I have a short girlfriend so anything deeper than 24" she has to get a snorkel on) is going to be too small lol.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be speaking to Chris this Friday and am very excited to hear what he has to say, thank you all for your comments I really appreciate your time. My only worry now is that the dimensions I'm looking for (120x36x24 - I have a short girlfriend so anything deeper than 24" she has to get a snorkel on) is going to be too small lol.

The size is good, you just have to worry about flow :)

10’ is a long length to cover lol.

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The size is good, you just have to worry about flow :)

10’ is a long length to cover lol.

I've been in the planning process for that. I love the maxspect gyres and currently have the two biggest ones on my 180 so I was thinking one of those at either end along with several tunzes, because of their maneuverability, on the back and sides to get some flow in the middle and beneath the rock work. I'm not totally sure where I want the returns yet, possibly about 1/3 from either end to disperse the flow even more.

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in the planning process for that. I love the maxspect gyres and currently have the two biggest ones on my 180 so I was thinking one of those at either end along with several tunzes, because of their maneuverability, on the back and sides to get some flow in the middle and beneath the rock work. I'm not totally sure where I want the returns yet, possibly about 1/3 from either end to disperse the flow even more.

I have the 2 largest on my 8’ 400g and you’ll definitely want more flow imo. Returns shouldn’t matter as much as that shouldn’t be your source for flow in the display :).

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely going to be supplementing them quite a bit, I think a lot will depend on how we decide to aquascape it too in terms of what we will end up using for additional flow. I’ve always loved the look of the long and shallow tanks so I’m willing to tackle the difficulties. I’ve even thought about going 12’ long lol

lolgranny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely going to be supplementing them quite a bit, I think a lot will depend on how we decide to aquascape it too in terms of what we will end up using for additional flow. I’ve always loved the look of the long and shallow tanks so I’m willing to tackle the difficulties. I’ve even thought about going 12’ long lol

Shallow definitely is nice, I’m 6’5” and my tanks 96x32x30. I can not touch the back corners. I have a reach too.

What’s your final dimensions going to be?

Is it going to be in Wall? Against a wall and viewable from 3 sides? Or peninsula?

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120”x30”x24” from Custom Aquariums. Set-up almost two years ago. Love it, wish I would have gone bigger. Build quality is awesome and delivery/packaging was fantastic.

I went with 4 of the H2Overlows and 4 Siphon Stoppers, 2 of the siphon stoppers would have worked out as well.

Did not go with their stands, too expensive, went with a custom steel stand.

I have a 96" tank and I wish I would have went bigger to.

GrampaDon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my C.A. 84X30X24 = 265 give or take.
1/2 sides 3 side ultra clear glass and bottom was upgraded to 5/8 because i had 2 large holes drilled for drains.
It's been up and running 8 months now. without any problem.

I would order from them again.

OP
OP
Peter K

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shallow definitely is nice, I’m 6’5” and my tanks 96x32x30. I can not touch the back corners. I have a reach too.

What’s your final dimensions going to be?

Is it going to be in Wall? Against a wall and viewable from 3 sides? Or peninsula?

It will be viewable from 2 sides (front and left side) filtration will be in a closet that is next to the right hand side, still debating about where to put overflows though, I will be going with external boxes I know that much.

JMM744

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be viewable from 2 sides (front and left side) filtration will be in a closet that is next to the right hand side, still debating about where to put overflows though, I will be going with external boxes I know that much.

In the process of purchasing a Custom Aquarium. Place in Columbia City, Indiana called Twisted Tailfins Aquatics is who I am using as a go between. Chris has installed several larger tanks from C.A.
Here is the info for them to talk to about quality if you like.
Chris David & Tammy Pelsinski
Twisted Tailfins Aquatics, Inc
122 W. Van Buren St.
Columbia City, IN 46725
Shop 260-918-2221
Cell 574-208-8640
[email protected]
http://saltwateraquaticsofindiana.com

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back