Experience with tomentosus filefish and clams?

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with tomentosus filefish and clams ("aiptasia eating filefish")?

I have a display with a few clams and some aiptasia. I have two marginalis butterflies and both definitely eat clams so they can't go in the clam system. I've read that copperbands can be clam safe but these aren't an option for me. Peppermint shrimp haven't really seemed to work well for me in other systems. If a tomentosus is unlikely to work with the clams, I'll probably go with manual removal plus periodic Berghia. If the tomentosus is good with the clams for awhile and then decides to eat them, I have a few other systems that could work for a tomentosus rehome.

Please let me know if you have experience with a tomentosus and clams, or any other aiptasia eating fish with clams (other than copperbands).

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had an issue with any tridacna but acans were definitely on the menu. As a baby the file fish was well behaved but a year in it got a taste for acans (micromussa) and had to be rehomed.

OP
OP
Tft12

Tft12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had an issue with any tridacna but acans were definitely on the menu. As a baby the file fish was well behaved but a year in it got a taste for acans (micromussa) and had to be rehomed.

So after a year it still wasn't harming clams? That sounds good enough to give it a shot. Thanks.

Back